Animals

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by aidanb2, May 25, 2011.

1. aidanb2

aidanb2 New Member

I haven't seen any animals on ShadeCrest in weeks, did they get wiped out or something?

2. bMacSwigg

bMacSwigg New Member VIP

All the peaceful mobs got moved to mining? D:

3. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

no, in the real world people tend to build and stay in a spot for a long time, there are limited numbers of mobs that can spawn, and they tend to be monsters spawning in caves below or to the side of people building. when the mob limit is reached, they stop spawning. because peaceful mobs only spawn in daylight and all mobs only despawn after people leave, eventually the limit is reached with only evil monsters in areas we do not go to under us. and i am fairly sure max turned off peaceful mobs in main world... :) to allow more baddies to spawn above ground as well... :)

in the mining world, people leave there often, allowing mobs to respawn and de-spawn quite rapidly... meaning the limit there does not get reached. as far as i understand the limit on mining is also higher than that of main world. thus on mining, day hits, MOBS SPAWN EVERYWHERE!

4. bMacSwigg

bMacSwigg New Member VIP

Right, I knew about that. I find it weird that you say "no" in response to my question, and then say "max turned off peaceful mobs in main world", which is directly affirming my question.

5. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

oh selective quoting... the ban of many people... :)

"i am fairly certain" was also there... i do not know for sure if that is what he did... i do not ask about that... all i know is that when i go to the mining world, i am the only spawnable point... :)

6. aidanb2

aidanb2 New Member

Alright, thanks for the answer pyro. Next time I need wool i'll go mining! XD

7. Nic5284609

Nic5284609 New Member

/warp mining. :D

8. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Now that the mining warp costs 5 gold ingots and the new server is so much better, can we get more peacefulmobs in the main world, so we dont need to pay to go farm feathers, wool, etc.?