New to the server!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cheez99, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Cheez99

Cheez99 New Member

Hey guys, saw this server on mcserverlist and thought I'd check it out. I'm coming from another big server, so I'm no stranger to crowds. I've never had to go through a whitelist before, nor do I have any experience with towny, shops, or chest protection though. I promise I won't be too annoying while I learn...

I've been playing Minecraft since alpha, so I'm familiar with crafting and whatnot. If you ever see me ask on chat how to make something, it's usually me thinking (typing?) out loud while I tab out to the wiki. I play fairly often, although college is starting again so I'm not sure exactly how much free time I'll have.

I do have a question though, I noticed the guide said something about us having to ask for lava source blocks. Are buckets disabled? Do we have to ask for water sources too, or can we pick these up in a bucket? I'm sure this has been answered a million times, but I'm curious.

2. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

Welcome :D And buckets aren't disabled, you can still use water. Using lava or flint/steel will auto-kick you (to prevent griefing) :)

3. Cheez99

Cheez99 New Member

Ah, good to know about the flint. Thanks!

4. macbad123

macbad123 New Member

Welcome to the shadecrest community ;D enjoy and thank you for choosing us

5. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

you can just ask an admin or make a mod-req for the lava/fire and we will be happy to place it for you... if you are doing a mod req, please please please stand right by where you want it placed when you put it into the system...

6. SunstarBoi

SunstarBoi New Member

Welcome :D
    looking forward to playing with ya when the new servers up.

7. Kekens

Kekens New Member

welcome!