a way to Raise prices

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Chronos, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Chronos

Chronos Active Member

Here is my thought.. if we want the prices to rise the only way for this to happen is a admin shop like cash for gold ... after this the price will rise again to respective levels of what the shop stands at... any item can me manipulated in this manner.
    Comment below

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

actually, the admins can implement a price floor, so nobody can, lets say, sell diamonds for under 80r or gold for less than 25r. However, this would create many black markets.
    P.S. trent said it wouldn't work, idk why i think it was because of black markets.

3. Chronos

Chronos Active Member

people have alot of this stuff stashed it will take a long time before it goes back to reg price again but then again when the mining world gets reset the price will drop again like allways its natural habit of traders they try to beat eachothers prices and by doing that they reduce the price by so much

4. sharqman

in a real world situation where people think logically yes, but where people want the cheapest prices and there are way to many rich people to give that to them (our server) no. in fact some of the main sellers have lowered there prices (bb and trading post), and nobody is going to argue because they want the cheapest prices.
    this is why i use stone tools.

5. sharqman

Everyone should just buy from /warp mineco and pyro's prices ;D! least updated, but the most logical shop prices I've seen

6. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Prices are up from where they've been since september, after all gold is now selling for around 28 and iron for 3.5-4, but diamond is still down.
    Then again, I'm so new these prices are all I've know. So who knows :-\

7. sharqman

diamonds used to be like 200r-300r, gold 100r, when gold was lowered, diamonds were lowered. however, diamonds are not going back up because of nobody who is willing to raise their prices, all major sellers would need to raise prices for them to go up, hence why a price floor of 80r would be good.

8. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

people fail to understand that what max did is increase the value of the rupie, not lower the prices on items.

take diamonds for example: players used to sell for 300 rupies, when cash for gold was taken away people got desperate to earn rupies and decided to undercut the other competition with lower prices.

The value of the diamond is still the same, the value of rupies is what has changed, you can buy 3 diamonds now for the price of one 3 months ago.

This change was needed and has stablized the economy somewhat, sure people that rely of selling diamonds to make rupies are losing, but they are also able to buy more with the rupies they do earn so it balances itself out.

9. sharqman

^i didn't look at it like that lol, but that means diamond price went up about 5r! but still people want bargains and so people sell and buy low

10. UberDarkAardvark

UberDarkAardvark Member VIP

Crazy idea. I suggest we make Bockbeard in charge of the economy. Now by this I mean, his shops could be advertised (He has the only shop that buys stuff for like a rupie cheaper then he sells). He also can make 10,000r in a day or two. Even if you bankrupt him. The next day he will be sitting at 2,000r. I suggest his shops are advertised as an example for others shops. Then again it could be a stupid idea. but hey, why not?

11. sharqman

cause he can make a lot more money not buying items, like everyone else does. Greed ruins economies! just don't lower prices when supply is low and demand is high, if everyone follows this rule they would all make more money.

The bigger problem is the cash for gold shop's (players' "main" source of income) prices changing with economy, if they stay at 25r the money supply stays the same so prices can't go up because everyone is making the same amount money and prices are going up(i don't think its at that stage yet, maybe when diamonds reach 90r-ish). Or leave it 25r so people can trade their gold within each other (like that will happen).

12. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

If you go to the gold mall section, you can easily sell for over 25r apiece. prices fluctuate without a ceiling set by the C4G

13. sharqman

floor* would only ask for a ceiling in cobble/dirt just to stop shop plugin abuse

14. Dogginballz

Dogginballz New Member

So to get something accomplished why don't we as a community step up and and begin selling and buying diamonds at a minimum of 100r? Like right now. If other players try to buy and sell for lower prices we call them noobs and encourage people not to buy the diamonds. Lets just do it and step up. If we see a shop selling for less than 100r send them a message to increase the price. It will be like an unwritten rule.

15. ace5511

ace5511 Member VIP Creative Architect

I use them as flooring.

But why is everyone complaining?
    Would you complain if prices were this low IRL? I doubt it.

16. Dogginballz

Dogginballz New Member

yes this is true but the people who are hoarding diamonds are waiting for the prices to hike back up to sell their diamonds. So if we give them an incentive to sell, we can then deplete their stockpiles so long as we only use them for tools and armor as you stated.

17. Dogginballz

Dogginballz New Member

18. Dogginballz

Dogginballz New Member

Soo... about that poll to reset chests items and rupees...

19. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

/brings back imaxorz

20. sharqman

how about we allow creepers to explode then magically send them to the major diamonds suppliers and they accidentally explode, destroying the chest with diamonds on them :eek: