[TS3] Connecting to 2 servers at once.

Discussion in 'Survival Guides and Tutorials' started by meXc, Dec 13, 2011.

1. meXc

meXc New Member

How to join two Teamspeak servers at once.

(provided that you have them saves as favorites, if you use direct connect you don't need to use this, and just choose 'new tab' when ever you connect to a server (well that requires to type in the server address every time)

First: Creating a 2nd Tab

1) Click on 'Connection'
    2) Click on Connect
    (alternative click on ctrl+s - while the Teamspeak window is active - to skip Step 1 and 2)
    3) Make sure that 'server address' is empty and then click "new Tab".
    [​IMG]

4) The 2nd tab should be selected now. Select Shadecrest (or another server you want to connect to via 'Favorites'
    [​IMG]
    5) Select the First Tab (after Teamspeak successfully connected) (it should say still 'no server') and Choose another Server from your Favorites
    [​IMG]

(you can repeat now 1-4 for every additional server you want to add. Don't forget to select the 'no server' tab before choosing the next server from your Favorites)

[sub]Pictures uploaded using ImageShack.us[/sub]

If you got any questions / any comments or if you want to point out one of the hidden spelling-errors, feel free to.
    Nonconstructive criticism is something i have no interest in though, leave those for the troll section.

2. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

When I have several tabs open my mic is automatically muted on all but one. When I activate my mic on a new tab it again mutes it on the others. Do you know a way to have different push to talk keys for each tab so you can talk in each without using f11 then changing which tab you are unmuted in, etc

3. fixterjake11

fixterjake11 Member VIP

I dont think you can do that but im not 100% sure Iw ould look at the web site.

4. meXc

meXc New Member

I think there is a way, have to test it out (currently writing another tutorial for setting up ts3 for ShadeCrest^^')
    Edit: Teamspeak seams to be more bitchy on that than first though, the way i hope it worked didn't. Can't really help you on that for now, sorry.
    Edit2: Here it comes.

Select an important options for this (Settings Options -> alt + p)
    1) Select 'Application'
    Enable this Option 'Activate ...'
    2) Select Hotkeys
    [​IMG]
    (click apply to make sure its saved)

3)Click 'Add'
    [​IMG]
    4) Show Advanced Actions
    [​IMG]

5) Select Server Tab -> Select Server Tab -> ShadeCrest
    6) Assign a Key for Talking in this server
    Then "OK"
    [​IMG]

6+)Repeat 3-6 For all Servers

[sub]Pictures uploaded using ImageShack.us[/sub]

If you got any questions / any comments or if you want to point out one of the hidden spelling-errors, feel free to.
    Nonconstructive criticism is something i have no interest in though, leave those for the troll section.