PVP council

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Alan321, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

Well this has been suggested before but i think we really need one.

It would consist of Towns that have 20+ members. This would help towns try and grow so that they could have a say in the meetings and such. It would consist of the mayor and 1 selected member. If the mayor does not want the roll then he may choose 2 members of his/her town to be in it.

The job of the council
    To determine what the rules of PVP are.
    To determine how punishment should come, (as in warping away from combat-1 day ban)

Of course if this comes into effect do not try and suggest things that will just benefit your town. For example if i said DF could only raid Arcadia once a month, do not suggest things that will help your town, but reasonable things like; i think that raiding parties should include at least 2 people per raid. This suggestion will effect all PVP towns if passed. I mean include other ideas and such, tell me your thoughts. We need to expand on this. There is so much chaos in PVP and middle grounds need to be made.

2. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I do believe we already have one, run by all the PVP towns who apply and staffed by the mayor and his +1.
    Correct me if i'm wrong/out of date.

3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

4. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

this is what i was referring to when i said it has been mentioned before. I really wanted the idea to come around and nrayf as far as i know, it never happened.

5. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

oh, it has. the thing is it's like the VIP board. if you're not in it, you can't even see it.
    I know because I saw it in a server glitch :3
    Apply to join it if you wanna get in :p

6. Nerudas

Nerudas New Member

I like this idea because pvp is going a bit out of control and not a lot of people are following the rules

7. xxxprodxxx

xxxprodxxx New Member VIP

I think this is most definitely needed as we all know all admins and Mods are pissed off at our finger points.

8. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

Both you guys nailed it. The only reason I would want a pvp council would be so that they can make sure you guys know the rules, but you should already know them. I am sure there are other reasons, but that is why I would want one.

I think the council may be better run if it it is run by the more mature of our hardcore pvp players instead of only mayors and assistants. tell me what you guys think.

9. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

I think that's a great idea :)

But how would you pick more mature hardcore players?
    Everybody would say there are one lol.

10. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

Well that is for i guess the admins or mods to decide. I mean if we are going to make rules for the server, then Max has to pick people who he knows will pick good ones. We can't have people who don't PVP or do not understand what is going on in there too. IF they have little or no knowledge of PVP then it does not help. I mean of the top of my head , i have a few people in mind from DF and Arcadia who would make great choices if selected.

11. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

Do you want to share those people in mind?

Also a vote may work, but then it may make people unhappy.

12. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

Arcadia- mrtreefingers, Alan321 (yes i feel guilty for picking myself) (backups, Nerudas, Manglor)
    DragonForge- _Ryo_. robinhood75 (backups cashANDY26Zcash, XboxWat)
    FlexCity- Z_Millla, awastedlife (backups littlehut14, thechooosen1)
    Rebellion- Jasperli, JoeyLeary (backups junglecommando, USA515)

That is really what i think with the big towns. Some of the smaller towns i can not say anything for. We can vote on this.

13. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

That's very nice of you for putting me in there :D
    I am finally back in the Arcadia/Rebellion community.

14. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i think this would be a great idea!! i myself am more of a builder, so would enjoy being able to build bases/council meeting place! in pvp the only thing that bugged me a bit is when multiple people hound one specific spot. but that would be for the council to decide ;D but overall it would be fun to have a council, and reminds me of starwars!!!

15. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. Just because I've been busy creating a new town recently doesn't mean I've withdrawn from the PVP world. My town is going to be formidable, after we get all of this work done. :p
    And once I find some assistants to do my job for me, I'll personally kill at least half of the people you mentioned, Alan. So watch out >:D

16. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

^^^^ read my post.
    Towns with 20+ members. This inspires towns to grow so that they can have a say. I also never said the people had to be good at PVP. I just want the people to have knowledge of it and be mature. Im not saying you are not mature and not familiar with PVP, but your town lacks 20 members. I would include you in a heartbeat if you had 20+.

Manglor also told me today that there is one, but that people never use the board. Most of the people are now inactive and it has pretty much died. If Max would Please post his thoughts and say something; possibly make a few edits to this then we might be ablr to work something ouy.

17. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

Larger towns have more people so they need more people to make sure they are following the rules, but I don't think the smaller towns should be excluded. I would like to see the mayors of each town in it "so they are aware of any new rules ect," and the other members be players that are always in pvp action and follow the rules. Since it will be about pvp action, you need to have as many pvp players world to agree on the "terms" of warfare.

I think that is the true purpose of a pvp council. Agree on the rules, make sure you follow them, and inform others of the changes.

18. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

Well that is the goal. We want to make rules that people will agree and follow. I see your points with the smaller towns being included and it is valid. I would let the mayor of the smaller towns be included. This would also help because the mayo could talk to the town mates and get general opinions from them. I also though it could be the PVP council members choice, or we could do a town vote. This means the PVP council member and town mates decide to vote for or against the rule. The mayor has the final say of course but it would involve the towns more.

19. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I like that.
    In fact, even if Max doesn't like this/doesn't want to make a second thread for it, I'd be happy to make a google doc. We could make it so everyone can see the rules and what's on it, but only invitees (mayors and the such) are allowed to edit it/partake in discussion. This would be good as we would have a clear set of agreements and propositions and a place where we could all collaborate in a live manner.
    if you guys like the idea, comment and I'll make one. PM me if you are one of the 2 from your town that should be an editor.