[Info] Weekly Server Events

Discussion in 'Contests/Events' started by Hizeron, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

So we tried a new game this week. It currently has no name so I am going to try and find a good name for it. The event goal is to reach the chest first and loot it of its treasure. the chest is on a platform with a large body of water even with the platform. I world edit in some random blocks and you must use those blocks to go up 20-30 blocks to reach the treasure. The water is held back by block id 36 "Piston Moved Block" and you can pass right through it and swim to the platform, or you can grief one of those blocks and swim up the waterfall. I think the name Floating Ocean is nice, but I will wait on making it official so that you guys have time to post your name ideas.

If I use the name you post, you will win a diamond along with a villager spawn egg OR a wolf spawn egg.

ps: the glass cage at /warp event will be left there over the week, and with this weeks cage being at least 3x bigger there is a rather good chance that something awsome was left behind. If you get bored feel free to go there and destroy the glass cage, take the chests, and take the remaining loot. Happy Hunting :D

2. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Any idea when the next even will be? need to spend another 16k on a sugarcane chest -.-

3. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

I say you should make a rule where you can only buy one chest, so people who don't bid as much can get the other chests :p

4. Hizeron

I am planing on hosting events tomorrow, Saturday the 25 at 18:00 central standard "6 PM."

As usual I am willing to hear requests for what you guys want to do, so leave a post here if you really want to to do a certain event. I can't guarantee we will do what you post, but I will try to make it happen :D. Also, there will be a chest auction afterwards and the contents will bu much nicer :D.

5. Hizeron

Saturday, March 3rd, at 18:00 (6:00 PM) central standard time, will be the next round of events.

A PvP game is planned, keep reading to see what it will be :D
    planned events are...

Standfree...
    Glass cage...
    spleef...
    and a new game called sizzle.

The goal of sizzle is to be the last one alive. players are given one or more lava buckets and, they must kill everyone else. This week will be the first time playing this, so we may add rules as we go so it is fair and fun. The ONLY weapons allowed are lava buckets, and fists so you can push players into lava. Allowing fists may quickly become a problem, and it it does then we will not allow the use of fists.

6. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

Additional rules, perhaps no fire protection armour and of course no fire resistance potions. Or rule out potions entirely.

7. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

I would think no armour allowed or a DQ, also we could find out who uses fire res easily cause of the little orange bubbles. DQ for that too.

8. Hizeron

EDIT:The events this week have been postponed to do multiple circumstances D:. Mostly due to me being unable to get minecraft working or finding a replacement to host the games. I am sorry I failed you guys. Perhaps I will increase the prize values next week to help make up for this week.

[size=6pt]We are still trying to find someone to host them now, but it is not looking like it will happen[/size]

the use of fire resistance potions is definitely not allowed, and since I do want this to be more about skill instead of people loosing armor to lava there will be no armor allowed. For all intensive purposes an empty inventory may be best.

So...
    no fire resistance potions or enderpearls. The use of non-aggressive potions will be allowed "the exception being fire resistance" untill they become a problem.

I was thinking about giving the players 2 lava buckets and one water bucket to make it interesting. Thoughts?

9. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

You have failed us, you must now perform seppuku.

I could host it but I like participating too much.

10. subwayis666

subwayis666 Member

make it so they cant camp in corners!

11. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

That mentioned, in each corner there should be a cascade of lava in the beginning.

12. Hizeron

excellent idea; we will need to use that.

Or we can make the fighting area round and eliminate the corners altogether :D. Ooooohh, or we can have a round area with lava for walls >:D. I like it. We can have a circular fighting ground with lava for walls, and holes under the lava so it can flow through the floor without flowing onto the fighting grounds. Or just have a suspended circular platform with lava underneath.

Make it nether style perhaps?

13. Hizeron

The events this week will be held 3/9/2012 "today" at 18:00 at /warp event.

The prizes this week will be a bit higher due to no events last week. "I got my minecraft working yesterday so I am happy I made it in time :D."

A PvP game is planned, keep reading to see what it will be.
    The planned events are...

Standfree...
    Glass cage...
    spleef...
    and a new game called sizzle.

The goal of sizzle is to be the last one alive. players are given one or more lava buckets and, they must kill everyone else. This week will be the first time playing this, so we may add rules as we go so it is fair and fun. The ONLY weapons allowed are lava buckets, and fists so you can push players into lava. Allowing fists may quickly become a problem, and it it does then we will not allow the use of fists.

14. Hizeron

This week we will have the events Saturday at 6:00 PM central.

Anybody have a game they have wanted to play but has not been hosted yet?

15. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

game suggestion: (since the thread was locked)

Name: cake eating contests or Literal Hunger Games

teams: 2 teams, everyone for themselves, or small groups

Objective: wear out your hunger bar and be the first team/player to finish your cakes or have the most cake eaten when the time runs out.

Setup:
    Set several cakes in designated eating areas
    lava fountain: burning - obtain hunger faster
    Water fountain: swimming and drowning - obtain hunger faster
    deep pit: have an exit, falling will inflict damage - obtain hunger faster
    Zombies: damage, and rotten flesh - obtain hunger faster

rules:
    1) no outside material at all.
    2) If you die you are disqualified, shouldn't get prize if team wins.
    3) don't break the cake blocks.
    4) only use your teams resources

Supplies:
    Team game: 1 sets of each aid in obtaining hunger for each team, 1 cake eating center for each team

Everyone for themselves or maybe small groups: 2 or more/less, depending on how many players, community of each aid in obtaining hunger, several eating centers for each small team/player

original idea: atvrivida0

16. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Well, atvrida's idea was funny, but this game would actually be fun, and funny, to play and watch. I'm all for it! +1 for you and atv.

17. sharqman

I updated the event arena with warps to specific events that are not close to the main warp so it is faster to get to them.

imaxorz likes this.
  18. strangecow1

strangecow1 Member VIP

Is events still happening?

19. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

Yes, as long as there are enough people online.

20. sharqman

I would definitely attend the events tomorrow ;)
    possible king of the hill at the coliseum if there are enough participants.

DastardlyWhale likes this.