Connection Error

Discussion in 'Minecraft Help' started by oxat, Aug 23, 2011.

1. oxat

oxat New Member

Since I started playing on the previous server all was fine, and the new server, too, had no problems and only reduced lag. After yesterday's OS re-install/rollback, however, I am unable to log in, and am greeted with the following error message:

[​IMG]

I attempted to log in through both the Spoutcraft and the original Minecraft launcher, yet both gave me this error.
    I tried using both 216.172.96.114 and mc.shadecrest.com.
    I tried logging in to various other servers I knew of, and was able to log in almost instantly with no error messages to all of them.
    I checked whether the server was online through the ranking website, as well as by looking at the live map. According to both the server was online.
    Googleing the problem didn't bring me to a solution.

Since my SMP works but only this server doesn't, I inferred this might be a server-related issue caused maybe by yesterday's re-install. If the staff find any reason for this strange behavior, or even the solution, I would really like to know.

Thank you.

2. oxat

oxat New Member

Weird. Everything works well again now.

3. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

the server has been and will continue for a little to go down for maintance. when it is down you will get that message, this will be because a admin (blat or max) has pulled it down to massivly reload an area or something of the sort... dont worry... :) all will be well