Darkwood Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Peaceful Towns' started by heathqr, Mar 21, 2012.

1. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

Darkwood Sanctuary is a peaceful community that is a safe haven for those who have trouble starting due to bullying, griefing and/or theft. Noobs are more than welcome. It is not a Towny area, so the plots are free to squat and there is no taxes what-so-ever. It is a town built into an ancient tree which has petrified to obsidian and the leaves have turned to glowstone. It sits in the middle of a lake of lava, far from any other Town. Nearby biomes include a snow biome, a forest, a plains, and an ocean. There is plenty of room to build in the vicinity as it is nearly unclaimed. A great place to start out, there is temporary housing in apartments, and plenty of room left to build on the multiple canopies or the surrounding area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Amenities include:
    -a chicken egg farm
    -a cow farm
    -a wool farm
    -a wheat farm
    -a sugarcane farm
    -a pumpkin farm
    -a melon farm
    -a chicken rending pit
    -a slime farm
    -a mycelium farm
    -a brown mushroom farm
    -a library
    -an enchanting room
    -an alchemy laboratory
    -a community market
    -a replenishable water source (located right near the alchemy lab)
    -a blacksmith
    -a tree farm
    -fully furnished apartments
    -an extensive expanding rail system (to access far away areas)
    -a redstone testing laboratory
    -garrison of iron golems
    -epic scenic views

Other amenities are always being created to make it a better place.

We live by rules of karma here: what goes around comes around, good or bad.

This means that we do not steal from one another inside the town. This also means that you should be courteous to one another and lend support to those in need. My personal rule is "If I have it and you need it, just ask, it's yours". I will not let people abuse this by constantly giving stuff to people who are just too lazy to harvest resources themselves, nor should any other feel obliged to do so. Also, if you are harvesting animals, you need to breed the same number of animals that you are harvesting. Under no circumstances are you to kill the last 2 of any animal, or you will be permanently banned, no exceptions! Do not breed sheep, but changing the color of their fleece is ok. Once you are an established member of the community, you will be given access to community supply chests for the wool farm, the alchemy lab, and the mycelium farm. It is a combined effort to keep these supply chests stocked, and honor system to not plunder them for profit.

If you feel that this is the place that you would like your home in the peaceful world to be, feel free to stop in and take a look around. As it is a non-Towny region, there is no warp at this time.

You can access it by typing:
    /home patrickqr

Please feel free to post your thoughts and comments regarding this community below. Thanks, and have a great visit!

2. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

This place was and still is a great welcoming to new players that just need that little boost to help get started in the Shade Crest community. I remember joining it in its earliest stages of development where there were few farms and few buildings to use. It has grown greatly and is still growing with the help of creativity and resourcefulness. The Darkwood Sanctuary community is always giving input as to what we should add next.
    It's a really awesome place to stay at. If you're new and looking for a cool place and cool people, this is the right community for you. I'd give it 5 out of 5 diamonds.

AnnodynS likes this.
  3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Looks like a great place :D
    the only thing is that noobs don't use the forums lol

nice rail system btw!

4. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

love.it. it looks so cool! and i need to make a HUGE sheep farm, so i may be in once and a while lol

5. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

thanks, yall. Sharq, you know that the latest addition to the rail system is 3090 blocks long? I'm pretty sure that it is the longest rail on the server. Only took 12 man hours to make not including getting the resources to construct it.

Also, Thomas, I was thinking of adding another layer down below and moving all the animals to that layer so to free up the trunk for market place expansion or whatever. I could also just utilize the cow layer and have a central point with rooms branching off in each direction for each animal type. A kennel is also something I have been considering as there are a lot of dogs there. People would have their own individual cages that they could keep their dogs until they come to take them adventuring with them.

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

lol yeah you said it in game, it probably is ;D

I wouldn't stack farms, it could get a bit laggy lol

7. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

3090 is the longest rail on the server but you still can't beat jasperli, he placed well over 5000 blocks of railways in arcadia and rebelion

8. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

9. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

10. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

11. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

[sub][size=5pt]On a related note, it looks very good![/size][/sub]

12. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

Wow. that got off topic quick. Thanks nvd. lol. Anyway, I am not quite done building rails. I am always looking for new areas to build to from darkwood sanctuary

13. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

Those spam posts ruined the thread which I wanted to keep open for "On topic" discussion. Can a mod remove them so people dont have to scroll right 10k spaces to find the reply button?

14. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Done heath.