Arcadia PVP challange

Discussion in 'Contests/Events' started by Manglor, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

PVP needs to be uplifted again I'm thinking of putting together a plan to make PVP more enjoyable for towns, Nations would help but there is still an issue of pricing and rules.

An Idea I was throwing together involves placing an unlocked chest In an obvious location around Arcadia, Maybe a large tower or building. In the chest would be a prize that other towns would fight for, say a couple diamond blocks or something. The challenge of course would be that I only put the diamonds in the box at a set time sort of like an event, and Arcadia would be defending the box.

The rules would be that of a raid, you have to make it into Arcadia and back out, no warping, logging out, or any other rule breaking would be tolerated.

All Weapons, Armor and Potions would be allowed.

If no other Arcadians are online I will defend the chest myself, though the prize will be based on difficulty

The rules for Arcadian members are the same plus additional rules
    -NO SPAWN RUSHING. You should all know this
    -Town members must go to /town spawn, then WALK to MY house and get new armor and weapons if they wish to continue to fight. (This will prevent Arcadia spawn rushing)

Any violators of the rules will be dealt with.

If everyone is interested I can write up better rules, and set this up for next saturday to coincide with Hizerons games

2. fixterjake11

fixterjake11 Member VIP

I like this idea alot I hope it will make pvp alot more enjoyable, pvp has gotten slightly more dull lately.

3. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

We just need people to actually want to get together and organize something

4. fixterjake11

fixterjake11 Member VIP

Im all for this idea.

5. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

definitely a good idea, sort of like events, except for PVP.

i'd be happy to help out by either doing a reciprocal event with my town or whatever is needed.

6. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

well that 2 out of the 30-40 people that PVP

Need some more people to do this, I know everyone thinks PVP sucks right now, the only way to make it better is to actually fight :)

7. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

I will defend Arcadia forever :D. Im in

8. GhostFig

GhostFig New Member

I believe that is is a good idea that will not only benefit pvp, but help interest other players of the server to join towns for these such events.

9. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

This can be done as well, I really want to use our incredible coliseum, I may plan on doing the PVP and coliseum on sunday, I know everyone likes to play hizeron's games on saturday (including myself) so sunday may be a better option.

10. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

since im not the best at pvp, can i walk around to make sure no one breaks the rules?

11. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

the staff could do it better, seeing as they can be invisible and fly.
    play! everyone was sucky at pvp once. the more you do it, the more fun it gets.

12. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

I used to suck at pvp... Then I fought prod everyday for 3 months strait.... But on the other note, great idea mang! I'll be sure to put aside my projects to fight >:D

13. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Seems like everyone is excited about this, Nrayf has agreed to work with me on ideas and rules, So i'm going to shoot for a start in 2 weeks time.

And I still suck at pvp thomas :p

14. Thomasdd13

lol! we need a scene with stairs, and rocky music in the background! then we will get better in 3 minutes!

and if training is how good you are, did alan train with gandalf since he was a kid :eek:

15. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

yes, yes he did

16. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

17. Thomasdd13

i feel the powerrrrrr!!

18. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Use the sword! No, no not the stick! The big blue sword! ...ok, that's a feather. Thomas, I give up training you.

19. Thomasdd13

fair child, i need not tarry on such blunt instruments, for i have the One Ring.

20. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I have a musket and quantum armor.
    Tekkit>lotr