Minecraft 1.3

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by sharqman, May 26, 2012.

1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Read this for a full update list:
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features

Anyway, some features that might affect Shade Crest or SMP in general would be:

• [li]Stackable items now stack outside inventory when thrown to the ground individually.[/li]
    Craftbukkit++ feature
    replaces BookWorm which we don't have mostly because people may write inappropriate books
    • [li]Hardcore in multiplayer (HMP)[/li]
    maybe we could use this for the PvP games
    • [li]Better chunk loading in SMP[/li]
      [li]Specific names for different Wood, Wooden Planks, Leaves, Saplings, Sandstone, Stone Bricks, and Monster Eggs. (e.g. Oak Wood, Birch Plank, Spruce Leaves, Jungle Sapling, Smooth Sandstone, Chiseled Stone Bricks, Stone Monster Egg)[/li]
    this might affect chest shop
    • [li]Empty Buckets are now stackable up to 16[/li]
    affect bucket shops
    • [li]Old Golden apple recipe is back with enchants[/li]
    how would this affect old golden apples (i.e. Nifix's Dasoren golden apple)
    :eek:

The big one

• [li]Trading with Villagers[/li]

• [li]Added Emerald[/li]
      currency for trading with villagers
      • [li]A new ore block Emerald Ore.[/li]
    We should defiantly look for a plugin that configures what the emeralds are worth to villagers so it doesn't mess up prices and what not.

2. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

I'm really looking forward to it. I feel like shadecrest should switch currency to Emerald since gold is fairly worthless in vanilla...

Testifacates finally have a use!

3. sharqman

that would be a good idea, would screw over a lot of those hoarders though lol

4. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

And people who buy gold/diamonds etc.
    I must sell all my stock!

5. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

We would still keep the rupie XD we would have the Admin shop buy Emeralds instead of Gold setting one solid value for it allowing everything else to fluctuate.
    But looking at spawn rates of it and such would be important before such a major change...

6. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

True... plugin to edit values?
    Or just not have testificate trading? (ofcourse you would want a vote =P)
    Doesn't seem like too much use to me...

7. brenthi2009

brenthi2009 Member VIP

Also Max would need to reset mining or extend the border in pvp and peaceful maps so that Emeralds would spawn and also alot of villages have been wrecked by people.

8. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I see the easiest solution is the admins spend a day hunting down and killing all villagers ever.

9. brenthi2009

brenthi2009 Member VIP

+1 best idea so far.

10. subwayis666

subwayis666 Member

they should have it so they can let us set how much wheat /or what ever item it is to get emeralds. like 100 wheat instead or something.

11. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

...or just turn Villager Spawn to false in the Server Details... XP

12. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

let's not overcomplicate this...

13. sharqman

looking at the table again we should definitely have the villagers massacred, they price redstone higher than diamonds...

Or we can be extremists and find a plugin that changes the villagers pricing or disable villagers in all.

14. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

DEATH TO THE UNDERCUTTERS

15. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

vanilla works if the server's vanilla.
    unless we get rid of iconomy, and therefore towny/anything that uses money, we can't just let vanilla be vanilla.
    I'll get my villager hunting sword out...

16. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

ill make sure i have

[​IMG]

17. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

Oh thomas... you and your gifs :p
    Good thing I have some villager spawn eggs >:D. They'll never be able to stop me! Also, it will probably have an option where you can turn trading to "false"

18. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Good thing I can open chests >:D

19. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

http://www.reddit.com/r/edstonehelper/comments/p6lol/planned_for_the_next_update/
    A more detailed listing of updates.
    I'm hoping when the update comes out the old golden apples will keep their simple data value and turn into Apples made with gold blocks.... (fingers crossed)

Anyways note that Villagers also sell bottles o enchanting. That will be interesting for our economy...

No doubt Villagers trading will mean a lot of work for staff. I hope we keep the trading and just edit it to fit our economy.

And it looks like the Moding API will wait to 1.4 (Sad day)

Oh also apparently Emerald Blocks are in the snapshot... though not on the list of definately going to be in 1.3 so those will be kinda cool. New building materials! Yay!

20. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

how about we dont have an assigned value to emeralds, just let them get priced as it drags on. otherwise the people *COUGH*ZP*COUGH* with spawn eggs or with a capturedvillage will become super rich, although if you give me one of the villager spawn eggs, i'll play american politician and switch sides :p