random glitchs

Discussion in 'Survival Server Issues' started by the_valeyard6, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_valeyard6

the_valeyard6 New Member

hello

often i walk 20 blocks and then teleport back it happens often

so can somewon fix this

its not just me, me and a group of others had a descussion about this

2. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

That is just server lag.

3. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Or more likely client lag

4. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Its definitely not client lag, it happens to me too and usually when it does the TPS on the server is at 16 or lower. With my computer there is zero client lag on ANY game, let alone Minecraft which I run at over 400 fps. The same thing happens from time to time with building and destroying. The blocks regen or disappear after placed and you have to redo them. It never happened before when we reset and saved the server much more often. Not sure why we switched to only one a day, but I definitely think we should change it back. Server lag sucks

5. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I remember this issue a while ago and it had to do with the anti-speed hack.

6. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Its not the same issue. The speed hack issue was repeated short bursts of being pulled back while running. This is simply entire chunks of what you do undoing themselves and resetting to an earlier point. For instance I run all the way around my house and then when I get to the end, it teleports me back almost all the way to the beginning. it may only do it once every half hour sometimes but it is very annoying and sometime, especially when working up high in the air, can cause death.

7. ModernDragoness

ModernDragoness Member VIP

Is this happening at specific points of time or just any time of day could involve getting lagged and snapped back? Also, does it occur such that you're clued in to the snapback before it actually happens (like having mobs "freeze" might be a hint) or is it totally unexpected?

8. glepet1962

glepet1962 New Member VIP

It could be, but not in my case. I do iracing and in order to compete with others on track and go door to door without issue, my connection has to be bulletproof. Which it is. It's called warping in the iracing arena and I do not experience that on my end.
    Also, when on TS with others and I experience what we're talking about in minecraft, the others experience the same issue at the same time.

9. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

I have been getting some of what I would certainly call server lag. Just like what everyone else said, I lag back like 20 blocks, and even more annoying, I will break like 10 blocks, and they will reappear.

10. trentr6436

trentr6436 Member VIP

i also have this occur often

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.