birdbrain5

Discussion in 'Finger Pointing' started by Nicholas2438, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas2438

Nicholas2438 New Member

Me and lucky6950 were raiding Erathia and had seen an enemy so decided to go try to kill them. When we got to the house he blocked all the entrances with iron blocks and cobblestone. I'm not sure if this is still illegal, but I know it was before. He refused to remove the blocks. So i believe he should be banned for doing so.

2. lucky6950

lucky6950 Member

I am a witness of this

3. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

- Locking doors in PVP towns via levers/buttons/pressure plates is prohibited! This is to prevent players from hiding inside homes when raided

this is the 4th rule down in pvp rules. just because it does not say BLOCKS does not mean you can lock them with BLOCKS

4. birdbrain5

birdbrain5 New Member

The iron blocks are part of kacper7's raiding alarm, so that wasn't me. Apart from that, I told them that if they could find the rule and quote it, I would let them in for a fair fight. nicholas straight up refused, and so I thought he was lying to try and get me to leave. I didn't go look myself because I was afraid they would get someone to ban me without allowing for an argument while I was gone trying to justify my actions. I found the rule, quoted it to nicholas in a /tell, and then he left. It didn't say I couldn't use blocks, so I thought that it was OK to block up the door. I'm sorry if this is considered making a grey area in the rules, I really didn't mean to.

Hoping You consider this,

birdbrain5

5. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

that isnt making a grey area, that is breaking the rule. just because it does not say blocks does not mean i can use blocks to lock myself in. this is what is known as common sense. i also cannot lock myself in with pumpkins, i cannot create a lift to an area that you cannot leave (already broke that trap) we cannot write everything litterally into the rules, and bending them, making grey areas and the like is how to get yourself banned. YOU KNOW you cannot make grey areas in rules, this is told to EVERYONE multiple times!

here i am going to modify that rule a little bit for you

- Locking doors in PVP towns via levers/buttons is prohibited! This is to prevent players from hiding inside homes when raided

ooooo now we can use pressure plates to lock the doors too!

- Locking doors in PVP towns via levers/pressure plates is prohibited! This is to prevent players from hiding inside homes when raided

DAW! now i cant use buttons!

- Locking doors in PVP towns is prohibited! This is to prevent players from hiding inside homes when raided

Now no locking doors period.

i was prepared to let this slide, but now knowing you even QUOTED the bloody rule and still ignored it for Schemantic reasons, i am doubting my decision.

6. birdbrain5

birdbrain5 New Member

I didn't think it was creating a grey area, which you said it wasn't, so that's one thing out of the way. The other thing being that I don't lack common sense, I simply interpreted the rule word for word. I seriously did not think I wasn't allowed to place blocks in front of the door. Call me stupid if you want, just don't blame me for something that wasn't in the rules.

7. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

what do you think that means?

8. birdbrain5

birdbrain5 New Member

I suppose I should've taken it from that part that I'm not supposed to be able to hide in a house during a raid. Well than, I suppose I did break a rule. Sorry I didn't realize this earlier and that I caused you guys all this trouble. If you DO ban me, please don't make it a perma ban. I don't think this is worth that, and I hope you and pyro don't either. :-[

9. lucky6950

lucky6950 Member

If bird is banned i dont think it should be perma either, sorry i'm budding in its just that it isn't worth that.

10. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

This isnt a grey area, its an intentional disobeying of the rules. What would anyone think the rule means?! You can't lock doors with LWc, so obviously it means blocking doors with things that cant be bypassed due to Towny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.