The rules and their clarity.

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by North_Korean, Sep 23, 2012.

1. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Recently myself and many other players have started realizing the rules are slightly out of date and ambiguous. Swaying in punishment from staff member to staff member. We would like them to be redefined and have a clear concise line of punishments and areas it applies to. We would also like rules for each world made and separated. Mining, Nonpvp, pvp, Nether, etc. Along with that Global server rules. We ask this with good intentions. :D - North

2. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

3. North_Korean

From that max him self say's

He is a long time player and knows the rules, so this was obviously a misunderstanding. Also, the rules he posted from the wiki aren't clear so we should change that.

4. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

*Max himself says

5. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Lol, it has been like 3 months :D

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

If you give me perms to edit it I can help lol

7. North_Korean

8. sharqman

I think this rule was agreed on before

* Warping from a trap that will not kill you is legal IF you verify that nobody is there to kill you or if everyone there is okay with you warping out of the trap.

just want to clarify

9. PieSquared761

What is the trap is inescapable? Wasn't it agreed that if the trap was inescapable, you can warp out legally?

10. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Only if it won't kill you, if it does... YOU DIE >:]

11. sharqman

It was agreed that if someone is there to kill you you're dead, but if you're just sitting in a hole all alone you can warp out. No Spawn rushing still applies.

12. PieSquared761

sounds about right.

13. sharqman

I updated the PvP section. If you see anything that needs to be changed, updated, or that is hard to understand please post here.

14. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

if needed i can assist in some small ways...

sadly however i am losing alot of my gaming time due to the season... winter is coming, i am winterizing my car, truck, house, garage.... and still need to appease the future wife... she keeps assigning my work!

15. sharqman

just bug max for a wiki log in like I did :)

I see that it says stealing from locked chest that you have access to is Ok, I personally don't like this, it's like convincing someone to invite you to their /home and then stealing everything. Thoughts?

16. PieSquared761

Its pretty much the same thing as making someone assistant, and complaining they took all the town's money.

17. PieSquared761

It is totally the same! I meant the concept of trusting someone enough that they have access to your valuables. If they're going to steal from you, you clearly trusted them too quickly.

18. sharqman

The main problem I see is people stealing from shared town chests, a lot of towns have assistant chests for items used for the town. It's like stealing from the town bank in a way.

slappywhitee likes this.
  19. PieSquared761

>:)

20. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

Stealing is stealing, if you have access to a chest and take items fair game, not stealing, you had access... chest items where you have access to are like a communal kitchen, everyone can put stuff in, someone is always gonna be a dick and only take take take.... then the people deal with it. not the law.

a town bank is more like a real bank... if a bank manager steals the money from the bank that the people put in there, the law is involved....

on shadecrest, admins are the law...

i so wanted to say i am the law.... :)