PVP Training Camps.

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by ZPWR22, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

I don't know how many people are up or qualified for this, but there was some previous discussion between Max, awasted, and myself about setting a training camp up for players interested in pvp. I really want to do this, I just don't know exactly how. I would presume I would need some sort of admin help from awasted and max or other admins to get one started. Besides that, would a training camp get anyone interested in PVP? I think that the people who staff the camp would obviously have to have some sort of qualification. So I guess if this idea gets approved I can make some sort of application process for those who think they're good at pvp. Either way. Respond to this thread about whether or not a training camp would be a good idea.

2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I training camp would be a great idea, would help people like me who absolutely SUCK at PvP, and want to get better without losing mercilessly to the likes of _Flagellum and awasted. Unfortunately, this will be difficult because you can't see the people that you're training's health, and they probably won't be able to react fast enough to wait you're telling them to do. If you can somehow train them without hurting them too much and have like a set of moves to do, much like Shodan in karate.

3. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Would I qualifiy? :D

4. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i love this idea! i think it will get new people interested if the camp stays there and acts as almost home/place to work.

5. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

I'm pretty good at pvp. I spent most of my time away doing TWO things. Cool pvp servers and something classified ;)

I would very much like to be trained in the art of killing people! Mwuhahahaha!

6. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Back in the old days when there wasn't any potions I fought with a Techinque that won all my battlws

7. Gatouli

Gatouli New Member

i like this idea !!! i would like to be trained as i was never good at pvp ... :)

8. Lothaar

Lothaar Member VIP

I am not a great PvPer but I may be able to offer a facility to use for this training program.

I have been building a non-towny town on the PvP map. It was designed as a place for people from different cities to be able to come to, live, hang out etc... Nor myself or this complex has been afiiliated with any established towny town. I have not started accepting residents so I could easily designate some areas for training gear storage, arena, and general living quaters before I assign build sites for residents.

It has a great farm set up so there would be infinite free bread for trainees.

It is a multilevel complex so it will be a good place for mock fights as the trainees will have to consider threats from above and below as well.

It has a rail line established to the nearest portal.

It has a somewhat traditional castle set up inside the complex that could be used for attacking and defensing siege scenarios.

Just let me know if you want to take a look and ill add you to my home warp list.

9. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I'd be willing to teach! It would liven things up in the PVP world, and provide more of a challenge from most people :D I also see a way to make use of diamonds! When you sign up for any amount of time you can use a set of diamond armor, and when the "class" is over anybody with a repair above 50 can repair it to full, and it goes back into a private chest that only teachers can access. This way people won't be able to take it for themselves. (I don't see instructors taking the armor being an issue. Anybody who is capable in PVP has PLENTY of diamonds.)

Max, could you start a list of official teachers?
    I'd like to be one, and I saw mage volunteer as well.

Lothaar, could I come take a look at the place you have? I'd like to scope it out to see if it would work :D

10. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

The official ShadeCrest battle manual is 30% done, and I'd be willing to teach.

11. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

You could also use morningstar, i'm 99.99% sure sophisticles is not coming back and we used to play capture the flag there all the time to practice PvP. We should also train in the wilderness so they can learn how to use the terrain to their advantage.

12. Lothaar

Lothaar Member VIP

Ok NMBr2d2, You are on my home list /home Lothaar. Anyone else want access let me know.

13. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

This is going to be awesome, can't wait to pwn some other trainees!

14. PieSquared761

This could be great publicity for the server, as this is the only server that offers PvP training to my knowledge. Nice work.

15. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

@ awasted, would you want to do this together? Or just you. Either is fine, although I wouldn't mind helping to build this.

16. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Building will be necessary, Lothaars place simply has too many things that can be broken in one hit. I'd be glad to help build if you would like. I also agree that we need an outdoorsy place to train to get used to the actual terrain of minecraft while pvping.

17. PieSquared761

There is a bug that prevents people from hitting other people, and can last ~5 minutes. Screwed me over in PvP Games so many times... Pretty sure other people complain about this, so it's not just me. So that might be an issue, but I'm sure you can work around that.

18. crazyboy162

crazyboy162 Active Member VIP

Seeing that I suck at PVP other than raiding towns, I up for this idea! Hope it can be made into a virtual reality! :)

19. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Their are training methods around that :p use a bow or get on a ladder and hit them, the ladder works against skeletons at least.

20. PieSquared761

Will do, but it's kind of random, so I would have to wait.