Peaceful and PvP Reset: Feedback Appreciated

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by PhuzzYLogiK, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhuzzYLogiK

PhuzzYLogiK Member

Yes, very cute pseudo-intellectualism. Did you hear they're even making a book out of the movie?

2. Evil_Argonian

Evil_Argonian Member VIP

Here is my view on the situation ( And no, I didn't read ALL the posts here. If you have something relavent to what I'm saying, I will appreciate it a lot if you rementioned it directly to me, thanks):

I believe the reset could help in a lot of ways. My town, Lopas, for example, would be able to restart without all the offline members and be able to plot correctly, unlike now. I think that the new towns and reset economy's would do a great job of bringing certain people who act like queens down to Earth.

However, I believe that money should carry over, in some way or another. Maybe it should be halved, so people can't be ridiculously far ahead. Perhaps town and warp money should be partially refunded. We should be given a chance to trade gold and diamonds in for rupies before the reset, and our vault's saved, because VIPs are still VIPs.This might even encourage people to donate, so their items can be saved, benefiting everyone.

Over all, I agree with a lot of PhuzzY's points. However, without allowing money to carry over, I think a lot of the older and comitted members would be disheartened by loss of all their effort, and probably rage quit and move on to new servers, not wanting to support the people who they think make bad decisions. Some, definitely, would stay with their friends, but then again, others would try to pull their friends to different servers and lose us even more people.

I admit that for me, personally, if what I suggested was carried out, I would be just fine. I would have a chance to make Lopas better, and still keep a good bit of my hard work I put in these past few months I've been here that I spent making Lopas a thing. I'm sure that the people who will be affected the most will be people with major builds as opposed to major money, so here's what I suggest on that:

Major builds should be compensated for. I would say this would apply to anything that seems like an impressive feat - like heathqr's train, Pie's amazing castle, or the nice shopping centers like Zshop. There could be a way to submit your builds for evaluation ( of what they're worth to be compensated). Villager owning people should be given at least one, if not two, villager eggs in the new worlds. Other spawn eggs should be carried over as well, so that people can start farms relatively soon. Basically, if you worked hard, you get a head start. Not too much, but enough to pay off.

Any suggestions or specifications related to this I will appreciate. I encourage you all to keep the discussion friendly and a debate, not an argument. Thank you all, -Erizon The Argonian

PS: Yes I am signing my name Erizon, got a problem? }}:^P

Reverenddubstep likes this.
  3. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Argonian, not that I don't agree with you, I do, but the point of this is to make sure everyone is even again. To fix the economy, and pretty much fix everything that is wrong with shade crest now. I do feel that the people that had warps before should get to keep their warps though, because the warps don't affect people that don't have them, and the people that had warps would much appreciate them.

4. Evil_Argonian

Evil_Argonian Member VIP

I'm not saying they should be entirely refunded, because yea, that would be too much. but often, a person puts lots of time just into saving up for a warp or town like that, and if half the money spent or so were to be given back so they could get a small headstart on remaking it, that would be better than making them feel like they were the same as those who just joined, and didn't earn everything. Also, I realize there is no way to please everyone in this situation, I'm just trying to put ideas out for what I hope is most of us. Another thing, I believe it would be best if we could restart in a way that pleases the people who've been here longer more than the aspect of making things even, because a lot of those people are great parts of the community, and without them, different people could get up where they used to be and abuse their power. I suppose that's probably an unlikely situation, but nevertheless.

5. PieSquared761

Perhaps if we do reset the map, the older players get earlier access to the new map, and they get a free warp?

6. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I would be 100% with this IF we at least were able to bring say 2 doubles chests full of stuff. Also if this goes through max will you make a copy for the public so I can download it and relive my year on here?

7. Evil_Argonian

Evil_Argonian Member VIP

Earlier access would be nice. Instead of a free warp, I'd just say money to buy a warp or something if they want it, but not necessarily a warp. I still think half refunds on towns or warps would be the best way to deal with it.

And I support magetime's suggestion too.

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

If anything, no money given, just discount warps/towns. This way the money is used for the town, and not someone getting let's say 10k for a warp they used to own, they would get a head really fast unless they save it for the warp, which they probably won't because they will need other things before that, like chest locks.

And before people start going into all the chest locks they have because i just reminded everyone about them you will have less stuff, therefore less need to lock your chests.

9. PieSquared761

Do the people that lost more/been here longer get ANY advantage at all?

10. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I really kinda think that the veterans should have a little more say on this then people who have been here for 1 month or so. Sounds rude but have they been here for a year and have a lot of hard earned stuff? They don't...

For everyone saying it'll bring more people in I think that is complete crap. If you want more people on than vote more so ShadeCrest gets out there. Changing the voting would be nice because I see most servers at the top, they are at the top because you get diamonds from voting which SC needs to add.

Also something I think would really spice up PvP would be to turn it hardcore. Have no chest locks in PvP, griefing to an extent(I mean like no pouring lava everywhere etc...)Also make the players choose at the spawn, will you be on the PvP map or the Peaceful map? Once they choose they are stuck with that map and can't build on peaceful.

This could add some more donator perks as well. Such as if you donate $20 or more you have the choice to switch back and forth through the maps but are limited to what you build except for the map you choose from the start.

These are just my opinions

Mage

11. PieSquared761

1. I agree, just because there is a new, fresh map doesn't mean new people will come. New people don't care if the map is fresh or not. They wouldn't even know.

2. No. People would go to PvP, get roflstomped by _Flagellum, then leave because they can't go to peaceful. If they go peaceful, when they have everything, they want to go PvPing and they can't

3. That VIP perk is totally unfair. VIPs shouldn't have an advantage over the normal players. A warp here and there is ok, and Falsebook and hats aren't necessities.

12. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

13. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

This could be helped by either moving peaceful and pvp spawn to a new spot, or 1-3 additional warps for the peaceful world. Eg. peast, pwest etc.
    I do think these problems could be fixed without resetting every single little thing. Not sure if it's possible to regenerate part of a world, but doesn't the current peaceful already include two different versions of minecraft generation? Could try making a 3rd section, or as I suggested previously, add another new world. Town griefing can be reported, or the mayor/assistants can fix it up, after all, it's their town. There's also demoreq's and map cleanups.

Note, I'm not going against this, simply trying to present some possible solutions which don't involve resetting.

Max also previously suggested two different servers, a peaceful and pvp one. We could always trial having this pvp one, where plugins are pretty much the same, and players have to start from scratch. It'd be as if the server had been reset. If this goes well and a reset is decided upon, it can then be made part of the new main server.

...and I didn't realise there was an entire other page before posting this.
    And less rules pvp would be fun. No bad potion effect ones maybe :)

14. Evil_Argonian

Evil_Argonian Member VIP

I think, if we let Pvp have lava griefing, a lot of people would find that there house has become a volcano. I don't think that's a good idea, same with the no switching worlds idea. And voting now gives you enough money for five times two diamonds (100r per vote buys two diamonds, five times a day), so that really shouldn't be an issue at all.

Is it at all possible to regenerate the underground only and not the over-ground? Like, only up to layer 30 in any given chunk or so? Because that would help with the resources thing, and then we could just plant a bunch of trees for the surface.

As for having two servers, heck, it's worth a try. Although it would sort of split the community.

I think VIP's should keep the same advantages they have now: Vaults, mainly. Sure the hats and stuff are cool, but mainly the vaults, which would allow equipment to carry over. Or at least you could still keep your vault even if it was cleared out.

15. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

Mage or whoever said nothing extreme like lava griefing. Griefing to an extent. :D

Also, Nuu! I want this to be a complete reset, NOTHING sent over. Some people have to get over the fact that they are going to lose stuff. The only thing people would bring would be stacks of blocks of diamonds! That would just ruin the economy all over again.

16. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Pretty much agree with this. If we reset, we reset. I'm even okay with McMMO to reset, and I went through about a double chest worth of Efficiency IV diamond shovels, and an estimated 30,000 rupies worth of materials grinding about 300,000 blocks in 2 weeks.

And some more hardout pvp would be fun, it'd get me motivated to get into it even before I become established.

Archenemy666 likes this.
  17. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

people are worried about losing items, let me tell you something, there are others here that have already lost more than you will with a full reset people...

i personally have not even lost the most so far but here is a summery of what i lost so far in changes, bugs, ect....

MCMMO skills were reset over a year and a half ago, we were given 10% or so of our original stats... i went from #1 in many stats and #2-5 in the rest, the new reset caused me to lose more of my high level MCMMO stat points than the people at 10% of my level, a person with 100 stat points get put to 10, a person with 10 gets put to 1, i lost alot more, and that other person in 15 min can bypass me, someone who worked at the server for longer,

due to cheaters, i lost a double chest of diamond stacks, not blocks at that point
    due to taxes and such when i left for 8 months, my 350,000 rupies went to 0 - these were server taxes, not town taxes, the server taxes were then scrubbed.
    due to others wanting to clean up house, i have lost three major farm builds, my current farm i have no interest in even finishing now
    due to cheaters as well i lost a large portion of my supplies from the old locking system and vip protections.

a server reset would cause me to lose -
    14 double chests of red brick. (honestly... i exploited the dynmap at the start to gather alot... :), i told max and he changed it.... :( )
    i would lose about 10 stacks of diamond blocks,
    4 double chests of records,
    1 double of uncommon records,
    1 double chest of glowstone brick stacks,
    a double chest of enchanted diamond armours,
    chests upon chests of enchanted diamond tools and weapons,
    a single chest full of gold ingots, not blocks.... :)
    three doubles of feathers,
    three doubles of flint,
    four double chests of arrows
    two doubles of chicken,
    40+ chests of sugarcane,
    multiple stacks of apples, cocoa,
    a double chest of iron block stacks,
    about 12 double chests of all assorted woods,
    my shops,
    my bridges,
    the largest sugarcane farm on the server ( your 33 double chests will not work by the way... it is too big, half wont grow unless you have people living all around it. mine produces about 26 double chests and it is slightly too big so i need to stand in the middle to make it grow)
    chests of potion equitpment
    three double chests of book cases
    my MCMMO stats - of which i am #1 in some that are hard to gain (axes for example)
    oh and a single chest of slime
    plus a buncha random stuff.... :)

now that we know what i will lose, i say wipe it all, start fresh, get rid of mcmmo, make it vanilla, make the game hard again, i have more resources than i know what to with.

my red brick is honestly the only thing i would be pissed about, it took me forever to gather that stuff... :) and i was gonna build the most ugly brick tower ever with it! :)

i am losing interest in minecraft because it is too easy... even in hardcore mode single player i have a file i spent well over 50 hours building, and i have so many traps built that nothing can kill me.... nothing can get close to me, and that is 100% vanilla build there....

MCMMO ruins servers. period. i personally love the stats, and the bonuses, but it wreaks the server....

with MCMMO you repair instead of break tools, armour, and weapons, you gain more resources from harvesting, you can kill easier, and those that have been around can use it to take advantage of the newbies. i love MCMMO but i hate it with the passion of a burning sun. MCMMO is designed to not cause us to lose resources, but to save them in a world where there is no consumption.

18. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

I've got about 8 months of solid work on this server. That's every second I'm on I'm building up my town, mining for my town, or building up a community for my town. After that I lost touch. ZeroArmor went to training for the Navy and Kekens quit so it was all up to me. After some time I killed VN and join DF and so on. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've put much more work into ShadeCrest than a lot of the people that say they're going to rage-quit if the map resets. Basically guys you can't be selfish. If you want to play on a server with the same 5 people on it all day and night then so be it, but with the reset we're going to get a lot more players and a better community will come with that as Phuzzy mentioned above. I'm 100% for this; I always love to start over, because it renews that motive to work and play. Right now I have everything. I literally get on, go kill someone, throw the stuff I got away, then get off.

I hope I got some of you guys who will be upset thinking and maybe changed some of your minds. In the long run this is going to be one of the best things to ever have happened to ShadeCrest, and I can't wait until it's done.

19. cncwarlord

cncwarlord Member Creative Architect

I would totally start playing on survival if something like this happened. I built a large cobble castle(before stone bricks were invented) in peaceful, and then pretty much got bored. Everything been done, nobody has need of anything. I feel un-neccessary in the current state of things. A reset would change all of this :D I would have new lands to explore, with fresh ores to mine, Fresh terrain un befuddled by the constant box building of noobs, and a new re-invigorated purpose of construction in a survival format. Not to mention all the fancy new terrain features the new map generation provides. Out with the old, In with the new!

Archenemy666 likes this.
  20. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Our current maps are...i would say 5 different verions of mc? we expanded the border a little with some updates. Regening areas will not work, there is plenty of fresh land out there, the problem is it is all in the wrong places and such. And where we expanded our borders there are giant biomes that get cut in half. Also any newly regened land will have a water level 1 lower than the normal.

If we could somehow keep mcMMo just for the ranking system I'd be fine with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.