Peaceful and PvP Reset: Feedback Appreciated

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by PhuzzYLogiK, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cncwarlord

cncwarlord Member Creative Architect

Im sure the mcmmo data files are seperate from the maps.

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

i mean as in no dops, just leveling. like it used to be when we nurffed mcmmo way back when

Cashkid32 likes this.
  3. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

4. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Getting rid of McMMO will also make anything to do with glowstone, gunpowder slime, logs and green/gold music discs significantly more valuable. And sharq has a good idea. McMMO would be good to keep for the parties, but then remove every single advantage, or make them all lvl 1000 or something.

5. Archenemy666

glowstone will be much harder to get, the nether would need to be reset more often, or the admin shop will have to sell it.

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

i actually forgot about party D: that is the best ability of mcmmo right now as towny chat/ nation chat is down.. no lvl 1000 XD that will lead to excess again.

7. majestic_moose

I more of meant make it 1000 if you can't actually get rid of abilities like super breaker or giga drill breaker. If you can't get rid of it, make it a really really high level

8. Wait, you can start playing again max? Then what was last night? lol

9. Archenemy666

he means actually go out and survive like normal people, instead of always being in creative.

10. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

Is there a way to keep mcmmo levels, but get rid of all the advantages that go with them? I like the fact that I can keep track of my progress and compare it to others.

11. Well, I think I'd be pretty ok with a restart, to be honest, as I love a new start in Minecraft, but I also love the idea of having, say, a massive base with so many resources it's like you've got creative mode inventory but still can die and lose a ton (And a legit way of flying in vanilla would be nice as long as it wasn't too overpowered), even though I've never actually made it that far, as I'm a total NOOB compared to people who can do that sort of thing.

Point is, some of us have huge projects and won't take kindly to having them trashed because of a problem that doesn't really affect them noticeably, whether it's a new player who either just feels insignificant and wants to tear down those who are making them feel so, or a new player who honestly sees a problem with the current worlds but sounds like the latter just because they're newer, or even when admins say the world is corrupted in some way, because it doesn't really affect us, or our build, really, at least in this case.

I've got my trees, and I have yet to properly finish one because of my lack of a reliable way to gather copious amounts of spruce, Gatouli has his temple, which is turning out to be MASSIVE, Mitjitsu hasn't actually started her house yet, but she's shown me what she can do, so I know it'll be impressive, though maybe not massive, Ryumina lives near us, and she probably won't like it either, even though her house isn't really gonna be that big, and she doesn't get on that much. I'm sure there are still a ton others that I don't know personally who would reject the restart simply because of the projects they want to have done so that they have something worth displaying in a museum world, at least.

I think the best compromise would be to just generate new peaceful and PvP worlds and keep the old ones like some people are saying, if the server could handle it, that way, noone has to really give up anything, and the newer players can more easily reach good building spot without having to bother with the huge swathes of ocean, and spawn could just be moved as needed. Anyway, that's just how I think it would work, but I don't know how the server works, so, well, it might not work.

The server economy, I dunno about that, maybe the adminshop thing would be a good idea, but mainly I care about the builds.

Like I said before, I don't really mind the reset, though I would like to try getting my trees done before it happens, ya know, if it does; but I can't really speak for others.

12. majestic_moose

I don't really think this is the main problem anymore. The main thing is, there's nothing to do minecraft related at all. There's no need to mine, chop down trees or anything, and surviving is way too easy.

Please make the mob spawn rate much more intense, at least after one real life day.

sharqman likes this.
  13. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Phuzzy your statement calling my post pseudo-intellectual is why your idea is wrong. One individual as for example myself speaks out about it you call my thoughts Non Intelligent which makes it seem I have no idea what I am talking about..

From what _Flag tells me he also got ignored sure you have a great super liberal idea that will totally ruin a lot of peoples work that is fine completely fine. Not like you have tons of stuff also like myself and other people.

To the issue of the map being "destroyed" I find untainted wilderness all the time just gotta walk around a bit and it is easy to terraform it to the way you like they do it on creative all the time Cncwarlord has shown me some of his terraforming.

To the issue of the economy if it was put back to where it was before and no longer regulated like max did causing these major extremes where people like myself were usto get 6,400r off a stack of gold now only able to get 1600 off a stack causes some issues like prices falling and then over falling.

The issue of "hording" hording is not a issue you get a fortune 3 like myself I can pull a stack of diamonds out a day. If you wanna lower the amount of minerals that can be pulled out removed enchantments do not reset the map.

Again I leave you with "Who is John Galt?".

14. I'll have you know I rarely ever BUY my spruce, mr. moose ( :p unintentional rhyme) , I cut it myself so my tree will resonate with all my hard work and broken tools when it's done, as well as the others

But I suppose if you're right, and the mob rate is increased, iron armour is cheap enough for newbies to easily afford, so if it gets a bit intense, they'll not have too much of a problem, so I don't think there's any harm done.

And as one of those people who are in the middle of a big project, I disagree about there being nothing to do in Minecraft with the server in its current state, there's plenty to do for us, at least , because not all of us scrap a world when we've already built an impressive structure and gathered a large amount of resources, some of us keep on building more and just tear something down if we don't have room so we can build in that space. I mean, that's kind of the only thing you CAN do in Minecraft constantly, and that's the fun of a sandbox game, you can keep on playing and playing, and never really reach an end as long as you find something else to build. Fighting and mining are just sort of the things you have to do to get started, and that might just inconvenience you from time to time once you've reach a supposed end to the survival aspect.

Didn't Minecraft start out as just a building game, and the survival aspect was added later to make it more interesting? I play in survival because I enjoy the challenge of gathering the resources to build my structures as well as starting out with nothing and having to fulfill basic survival needs, but like I keep saying, I still don't mind the reset, I just disagree with there being nothing to do

15. Cranstone

Cranstone New Member VIP

This is merely an idea, but it's pretty far-fetched due to the fact it would change a lot on the server. Please be open minded.

The mining world is a huge terrain that is meant for 2 ideas, the guests to hang out in and for members to gather resources (Did I mention that these resources get reset every once in a while?) Basically, the reason the economy is trashy is because it is so easy for players to get what they want quickly, and rush back to home to sell their stuff. Diamonds, for instance, take around 2 days to mine a few stacks. It's so simple to get everything you want after selling them at a low price at a shop! Our worlds have an approximate 7000 block radius, holding thousands upon thousands of minerals in them. If we get rid of the mining world altogether, prices will begin to spike as resources become smaller, generating lots of commotion in shops to get items. This will not only balance economy, but it will create more community based projects with players because they must work together. Number 2: Guests are allowed to enter the server waaaay to easily. I know your all wondering, "But they have to apply and read the rules!" Well although this is true they still can lie their way through, disrespect the world, and get away with it because they simply haven't established any connections with players in the landscape. North_Korean said this around a month ago, and I have been working with the idea since; new players should have to be trusted by peers and can be let into the world once they have enough respect from friends they have made in the world. This is much like how the admins and mods are the teachers and they proofread what the community has been saying about the new players based on feedback. Once they have enough respect among the community, they can be trusted to play as a full time member. So if anyone has anything to add or remove from this post please do! I was against the server reset, but i believe if we take better care of the server as a whole it will be a much better survival experience.
    Long story short: Get rid of the Mining world because of abundance of resources, and be more precautious with guests by creating new systems.

-Cranstone :)

16. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

That sounds like a good idea, the problem is that people overmine the main world, and people get pissed when they run into other peoples' mines.

17. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

One thing is max tried to remove all the ores once so alot of it is gone gone.

18. PieSquared761

If they reset the world, the ores wouldn't be removed -.-

Did you even read any of the prior posts or the title of the post?

19. It's a good idea in theory but would result in the normal worlds being absolutely trashed. Admin removed ores in peaceful for this specific reason, to stop people mining in the normal worlds.

QuietSea and PieSquared761 like this.
  20. PieSquared761

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.