Joining the forums

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by sioutdoors, Oct 8, 2012.

1. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I see alot of new players not using the forums. If you are at all serious about the server and care about your future here you need to sign up and join the forum experience. There is a lot of information waiting to be used. Also many many players willing to help with questions on build style or life in general. So please take a moment to sign up and join the discussion.

slappywhitee and Dmcnally1 like this.
  2. TheOnlyGurra

TheOnlyGurra Active Member Creative Architect

We admins could for example tell players that we promote to builder 1 that they should sign up on the forums if they haven't allready.

slappywhitee likes this.
  3. sioutdoors

Yes I have been doing that and even in the builder spawn there is signs stating as well. Just getting the word out even more. But lets pass that around to the other admins so we are all on the same page.

4. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Tell them you need to join the forum if you want architect because technically you do :p

5. sioutdoors

Yeah but they don't need to wait until they start their app to apply I would like to se them here as builder I

6. slappywhitee

slappywhitee Active Member Creative Architect

Surprisingly, I'm finding that alot of players aren't even aware of the forums existence. So it's up to those of us who have been around for a minute to inform them about the forms, explain how things work and encourage them to, not only join, but to actively participate in the discussions. Alot of folks, especially the newbies and youngsters, are a bit shy and wary at first about giving input. So lets urge them to do so and set an example by doing so ourselves.

~Tracy

7. slappywhitee

slappywhitee Active Member Creative Architect

True, but Imax, sometimes it gets overlooked, especially if chat is super busy or when people (like mysef) get so absorbed in building something that everything else going on is completely tuned out. So, just in case, I always like to make a point of mentioning it to new players, especially the youngsters who don't often have the attention spans big enough to notice such things.

~Tracy

8. sharqman

I've been on the server so long I don't even see the announcements anymore lol, except the demreq one which has a typo. What we do on survival is send them a pm when they are accepted with all the links and stuff.
    Welcome to Shade Crest! To help you get a better feel for the community, and keep up with recent server updates, I think you would find these three links useful:
    Forum (sign up in top right): Click Here!
    Introduction Page (a board on the forum where you can introduce yourself to the community!): Click Here!
    Teamspeak (Shade Crest's voice chat server, where you can talk to other players using a headset/mic): http://www.shadecrest.com/voice

And of course our wiki! Which can be found at http://wiki.shadecrest.com

If you find yourself liking our server and sticking on it, please check out our donation page at http://www.shadecrest.com/donate

Thank you! If you have any questions please let us know.

9. sioutdoors

Good idea Sharq

10. sioutdoors

Ah i see well we should still hit new builders with the form link anyway.

11. sharqman

maybe make builder IIs apply on the forum too?

12. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

One thing that gets people interested in the forums, in survival, is voting. All you have to do is tell them that if they go on the forums, find the voting page, and vote then they get 500r. Also, to sign up you have to vote.

13. sioutdoors

Im not sure about new player spawn but at builder spawn yes

14. Dmcnally1

Dmcnally1 Member VIP Creative Architect

Well in terms of the architect sign up I did make so applicants had to have been active here in the past month. What we need is to have more community events held via the forums. Skin contests etc. Also I'm working on some tutorials as well so hopefully that will entice some.

slappywhitee likes this.