Extra builder rank, builder III?

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by g1mckenzie, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g1mckenzie

g1mckenzie New Member

I think there should be an extra rank inbetween Architect and builder II.

Architect should be reserved for the builds that just make anyone go "Wow!" /warp peter and /warp liasha are great examples of this type of build. (but not the only ones)
    Currently it's fairly easy to get rank II if you're a good builder, I got it for my plot build and I know I'm not the only one. Builder III should be another prestigeous rank with slightly less requirments than the current Architect, I also think Architect requirments should be moved up.

Builder III should only be obtained by way of an invitation aswell so it dosen't become to popular for possibly lesser builds to be promoted by an on the spot decision by an admin.

To encourage people to get builder III it should get basic world edit access and limited sized tools

To further encourage people to work for Builder III I think it should be given a different name, not just Builder III.
    Some suggestions for the name : Artist, Artisan, Master Builder, Designer, Creator, Inventor
    Personally Master Builder or Designer are my favourites.

I hope this suggestion is considered, Feel free to add your input to the suggestion. Ideas are welcome and if they're good I'll add them to the thread.

Thanks!

2. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

i hope max reads this quickly i think it really needs to have that in between rank cause there are a lot of people who are better than just builder II but there not as good as the architects

favorites: master builder (Mbuilder) and designer

adam_mills likes this.
  3. TheOnlyGurra

TheOnlyGurra Active Member Creative Architect

i think this is a great idea, the gap between builder 2 and arch is too big atm, this could motivate people to keep building.
    also i think the name should be quite short, so that people with a long name doesnt cover half of the chat. Designer or Creator sounds good.

4. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

i totally agree with creeper and kenzie its too easy to get arch and its not so prestigious to be arch as before

5. TheKillorX

oh and designer is my favourite name =)

6. TheOnlyGurra

TheOnlyGurra Active Member Creative Architect

i get your point max. but i still think a rank between builder 2 and arch is needed, dont know what they should get that builder 2 doesnt have tho-

7. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I dont think we need to give out II very easy at all if anything separate the distance between I and II. Only thing i would like to see is builder 1 harder to get (we have all ben guilty of these) and builder II even harder to get. We have enough players comings through these days that we can start getting a little more strict on plots. If they are on for more than two weeks and still in plot world point them to the donation box. Because they most likely wont be getting out.

QuietSea likes this.
  8. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i think just basic world edit commands. i think that would help a TON of people *like me* with making large scale projects that sometimes end up getting abandoned. i'm just starting one and to get some land out the way and just do bothersome tasks like digging out a large floor take up tons of time i could use for building and detailing.

9. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Screw the system :O Just make I and II harder to get *SATISFACTION*

10. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Ask the admins for help. There are plenty of us on and most time will help with anything reasonable.

QuietSea likes this.
  11. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Just ask oat he uses W/E all the time for me ;P

12. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Pretty much this. Architect use to be easy to get at one point. But we buffed up our standards in the past few months. Promotions to builder II isn't supposed to be handed out so easily.

imaxorz likes this.
  13. g1mckenzie

g1mckenzie New Member

Alright, I do understand your point but I still think there should be a Master Builder rank anyhow, So what about no extra perks?

It seems easy to get builder II by building something people have done a hundred times over but your own version of it. Master builder should be a rank that stands out from the regular builders, your build should be unique and use a lot of skill to build but not have the WOW facter architects builds have? There is a lot of people that are good builders but can't achive Architect because of the high skill and creativity required. Master Builder gives another rank that's challenging to achive but still in reach of most players if they work hard enough.

Thanks!

14. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Or you could read the post above yours, whichever's easier XD
    Not trying to shut you down, but this will just make things more complicated. (And max is sensitive about tags and rainbow chat :oops: )

QuietSea likes this.
  15. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Architect is already the master rank... We just need to stiffen our standards. Like as an architect, you pretty much have all the benefits you can possibly get from the server.

16. Fabulous55

Fabulous55 Member

I agree with what Siout said, I think we need to get stricter with who we accept. If we do, we wouldn't really need a builder III. But I do think builder III is a good idea. I feel like there is a huge jump from builder II to arch, like when I was applying, I thought I had a great chance, but then I saw what they were expecting and I was like, nooope. xD

17. Bentham

Bentham New Member

To add in another idea, there could possibly be a rank in between Guest and Builder I. Have it set up as it is currently, but instead of a person getting Builder I for a plot build, have them get the new rank of Member. Then allow them access into either a new member world, or the currently existing Builder world. There they can work on a build to attempt to get Builder I. Just an idea though..

---Bentham

18. oat82997

oat82997 Member

Tland and I were talking, he suggested we have a rank that is between builder 2 and admin, where they can promote people, just not use world-edit. Kind of like a secretary.
    Also, another rank could be earlier than guest, for someone that didn't pass the test, in which they have more specific chat censorship and aren't allowed to fly in Architect world. (Just a thought)

19. Bentham

Bentham New Member

I also agree with Oat's stands. Either one of these options is viable, as they add another rank.

20. TheKillorX

I agree with Kenzie. No extra rights just prestige. Like i said before: Its not so prestigious to be Arch Or Builder2 as before.
    And i think that the promo to Arch needs two Admins who think that the builder is good enough for Arch.
    At last i want to say that ALL Archs should be controlled if they are good enough for Arch if we really make this new rank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.