Extra builder rank, builder III?

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by g1mckenzie, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Way to complicated. We have alot of administration now. Enough so that there isn't long stretches with out one on. Imagine this. The distance between guest and architect is 0% and 100%. Currently builder I and builder II are in the first 50%. We as admins need to think of these ranks to be more like 50% for builder I and 75% for builder II. Maybe like 40% and 60%. Just my $.02

2. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Again, this will solve ALL the problems, if we could just drop this conversation...

3. Bentham

Bentham New Member

That's one way. But if there was to be another rank added, say as the suggested Guest to Member. Anyone whom joined the server would be Guest. Member would become the new builder I and so on. In light of the argument that it would steer people away, it should in fact, do quite the opposite. More ranks equals more of a challenge to people, and more times for them to gain a self-confidence boost.

And the new percentages would be as followed:

Guest - 0%
    Member- 25%
    Builder I- 50%
    Builder II- 75%
    Arch - 100%

But that's just my opinion, which isn't always the best.

4. Fabulous55

Fabulous55 Member

I think that's a good idea, it would help people gradually improve and it kind of makes architect like a really great privilege and I feel like more people will want to go for it.

5. aussie202942

aussie202942 Member

I think that G1 has a point I think a builder III would be nice.

6. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

We don't need more ranks, we just need to raise the bar on Builder I and II a bit.

Take VoxelBox, for example—95% of applicants have their first build or two rejected as deficient.

imaxorz likes this.
  7. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I'm on that server XD

Also, I'm all for Builder III, as long as it doesn't turn into...

[BuilderCCCXIV]PieSquared761

([Builder314]PieSquared761)

8. I agree that the best solution would be to raise the bar between jumping to Builder I and Builder II. Heck, today somebody was boasting about how they went straight from guest to builder II. Maybe their plot build was incredible, or maybe that's an excellent example of what we are talking about here.

I'll throw in 2c for the builder III idea though. Let's say it does go ahead, i think:
    - Builder III should be called (III) not (Designer, master, whatever). Looks so much neater as the III. Heck, even architect could just be an "A" or "V"... (i'm just demonstrating a point).
    - Building perks for builder III shouldn't be extensive, if anything. At the end of the day, it's still a Builder rank. Some people had the idea of giving Builder III basic WE commands. I suppose that's an alright idea as long as the commands aren't equal to or better than what a VIP gets. Builder III could have something like //set or //replace commands with a 250 block limit. It will aid them well but not substantially, mostly acting as a 'taste' for what they will get when/if they become architect.

Builder III will also help the Builder II's that want their builds evaluated. Sometimes we know it is good work/a good start, but it just isn't quite "Architect".
    These players often continue and continue until their build is up to Architect standard, but there are others who end up in builder "limbo", not really knowing where they stand or how much they need to do to prove themselves to the admin. Builder III would really help those guys out.

9. Bentham

Bentham New Member

Well just before this gets closed I figured I could share some things. While it is a valid argument not to have more ranks added, I believe the addition of new ranks will bring nothing but good. Many other servers have the number of ranks exceeding 5. By having so many ranks you give people more things to strive for, even if it is one more rank. And one rank would even out the percentages (0,25,50,75,100 being Guest, Member, Builder I, Builder II, and Arch respectively)

10. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

People aren't getting the point even though variations of this statement have been said through out the thread... There really is nothing else we can give except litesniper perms and a lower level limit of worldedit for a new rank (which is hella annoying to configure). We really don't need more ranks. -_- What we really need is better builders...

11. sioutdoors

preach on brother. :]

12. Bentham

Bentham New Member

People are getting the point, but sometimes they don't agree with the point that others have made. There have been arguments for both sides, and there may be a reason there is not better builders. (maybe because they don't want a server with few ranks)

13. Fabulous55

Fabulous55 Member

I feel like if you raise the bar on the ranks you will be loosing a lot of people, along with frustrating a lot of people with the server. I really does make a lot more scene to have it the way bentham said. That way you will gradually improve on your building and won't have to such a building master when you first join. This way you can start out well, but then get better as you go.
    Although, I can see how it may make the building quality worse in plot world...

Bentham likes this.
  14. QuietSea

Maybe make a second level for guests where you're good, but not quite good enough. -_-

15. sioutdoors

People put way to much emphasis on rank. Just build and have fun where your good enough we'll know and adjust your rank to match.

QuietSea likes this.
  16. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

That sums it up. My personal opinion is that rank shouldn't be such a status symbol (even though that's what it is). Your status should come from how you act and what you do on the server. Having fun and doing the right thing can get you places.

When you put this in perspective to the rest of the post you get two things.

1.)I don't support the idea of builder III
    a.) To much work for admins, builder IIs should already be at this level of building.

2.) People are to concerned with what there status symbol is, not how much fun they are having on the server.
    a.) Some people don't care about there builds, only the rewards involved with good building.

I hope this sheds some light on the situation that's obviously going on.

17. Bentham

Bentham New Member

If anyone was accusing me of wanting my "status symbol" I frankly could care less, as you can tell on my server performance. I was simply trying to help get the server more members, which I now see is not acceptable. So I will no longer be inputting my opinion on how to help the server.

18. QuietSea

[​IMG]

19. Bentham

Bentham New Member

I know it is isn't it!? I like my opinion. Seems to upset a few of you.

Edit: At least make Builder II a different shade of green. The amounts of light green in the chat get annoying.

20. QuietSea

It's funny because there are usually 20 more guests on than green names/admins....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.