Mod Election Discussion.

Discussion in 'Server Media' started by DastardlyWhale, Oct 19, 2012.

1. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Also, where is this "Forum Staff List?

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

We discuss whether all of the candidates are good choices. Everyone that applies is not 100% in the election. The old system was staff picking only members they trust/know. The public votes with staff picks will allow for new mods the staff and players trust

3. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Otherwise you end up with me, suckers

4. subwayis666

subwayis666 Member

5. I do see a lot of campaigning from people and people bashing each other. I have had tells asking me to vote for people. There is even someone that put an app in with an obvious campaign as their signature. My worry is that we are going to have mods voted in because they have more friends than another applicant that has more merits going for the position. I myself have decided not to vote because though I have friends, I am not familiar with everyone enough to judge anyone on their merits for the position. I do have quite the reason to worry over whats going on as we all do as members of this server. I plan on playing here for a long time, and these people will have a great effect on the community. I think not campaigning and not bashing should be strictly enforced, and the point be made clear that this is a mod election, not a popularity contest. I also think that new mods when elected should be watched closely to make sure they are not abusing their power and are filling the role that is required. If they fail either of these they should have that responsibility taken from them. As a server owner in other games I know that admins/mods greatly affect the moral of the server and those playing on it.

Nifix, QuietSea, Cashkid32 and 2 others like this.
  6. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

It occurred to me that my signature is technically a form of campaigning. I don't want to break the no campaigning rules, but I'm not sure if it falls under that category since I'm not directly asking for votes. Should I remove it?

7. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Other people have been given the OK for theirs, and are much more direct that yours, which I don't even think implies that you're asking for votes

8. Random0ne

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

We will have the BAN hammer ready for anyone neglecting their mod duties and abusing their powers. We know about the frowned upon campaigning going on, thanks for letting us know everyone.

10. Random0ne

Sharq, when you said "inner discussion of the candidates", did you mean that the staff is discussing who should be in the election, or did you mean that all of the applicants should be debating each other? (I'm guessing the first one, but if there is a debate I don't want to miss out on it.)

11. Random0ne

crazy, this really isn't the place to be campaigning, as stated in the OP. Just a heads up, that's all.

12. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

13. Random0ne

LoL. Only if he doesn't take my tots!

14. Random0ne

Just wondering, but isn't it possible for someone to vote for the same person 3 times? Don't worry I already voted :)

15. PieSquared761

Apparently, I'm not in the running to be mod because I trolled and broke minor rules SIX-EIGHT MONTHS ago. Way to judge character sharq.

16. Random0ne

Yup, just tested it. Voting for the same person 3 times works. (btw the voter with the ign "PleaseDisregardThisVote.ItIsJustATest" isn't a real person. I didn't think the vote would actually go through, so I'm sorry if it causes any issues. I think the easiest way to deal with it would be to just subtract 3 votes from my final total.) However, I think the issue of a triple vote should be addressed. Again, sorry about the fake vote.

17. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Give this man a medal

DastardlyWhale likes this.
  18. PieSquared761

19. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Reverenddubstep and QuietSea like this.
  20. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

It's okay pie. Once you are 16 you will be old enough for the position and most likely trusted with the position without a doubt.