Lose the super hard mode!

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by heathqr, Nov 1, 2012.

?

Should we lose the super hard mode plugin?

1. Yes, I want to play minecraft

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. No, I like rage quitting

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

Ok, hard is fine, but this is absolutely rediculous. I finally found some diamonds today and was doing great, then half a dozen mobs spawn right on top of me doing damage before i could even get my sword out. Long story short: I died, a creeper blew up destroying all of my stuff. Rage quit.

Last night after a restart, when i was able to log back on, i was murdered by a horde of zombies right in the middle of my well lit village. I lost half of my villagers, and 2 of 3 iron golems. I lost all the stuff that I was carrying that i was trading with villagers; somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 emeralds, and stacks of paper, wheat and wool and a diamond sword with sharpness 4 and fire 2. Plus a full suit of iron and almost 40 levels of experience.

Since we started this stupid plugin, my play time goes like this: read forum news. vote for server. start playing. rage quit.

I dont play minecraft to simply survive. I could just lock myself in a cobble cube with a stack of bread for 48 hours if that is what i wanted. I play minecraft to thrive. I like to start with nothing and work my way to success by building awesome stuff. I can't do that if the game cheats and spawns a half dozen mobs right on top of me and takes all my stuff unfairly. This plugin has ruined the server for me.

I am not going to play again until monday. I will not log on and vote. If I come back monday and we still have this stupid ass, cheating anti-player plugin, then I will find another server to support. Everyone please feel free to voice your concerns over this plugin here.

2. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

There are many aspects of this I like, but mobs are far too hard, and not being able to see below lvl 20 with torches kinda sucks. Mining is very dull now, and I'm not able to get diamond or gold. I can't decide what to vote on this poll, So I won't.

3. Lothaar

Lothaar Member VIP

It is hard, but I think I enjoy it more.

Yes mining is a different game, it is more spelunking than mining now, and as such, has its own entertainment value. I have not found any diamonds yet, got a bit of gold and plenty of iron. I am resigned to simply buy diamonds when I need them with proceeds from gold and iron sales.

As far as mobs go... yeh they are a bit crazy, but this has led to some intense moments that minecraft has not given me in a long time. On several occasion I have had to run like a little girl to narrowly escape certain death.

I always carry enough materials to build a temporary combat fort when in caves or the wilderness at night. My combat fort kit includes a stack of wood planks, a door, 4 buckets of lava for perimeter defense. Works great and I can set it up in about 15 seconds.

Mining and cave exploration should also be easier in groups and I think we will see more of this type of collaboration.

Dynodamon and imaxorz like this.
  4. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

It is very enjoyable I might add.

5. Dragonnewt

Dragonnewt Member

I have to found myself the need of wanting to get back onto minecraft more and more because of this plugin and reset, but I do have to agree, the mobs are too strong.

6. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

The plugin is fine there are just some aspects of it that makes it hard, for instant having the mobs doing a lot of damage ruins mining. Not being able to mine stone without an iron or diamond pick is really stupid. Other than that the plugin adds a lot more new aspects to the game that makes it more enjoyable.

Should we brainstorm stuff that we could disable so people are rage quitting every 5 minutes.

This is kinda rude but your 1 player, Shadecrest doesn't need you for it to be successful.

7. PhuzzYLogiK

PhuzzYLogiK Member

I like the plugin. I think the problem is that people were used to the old version where mobs were so easy you could essentially ignore them. The mobs aren't overpowered...they're just effective enough that you have to deal with them.

Additionally, one big adjustment I've had to make is how much I carry. Before I would run around with 30 diamonds and as long as I didn't fall into lava there was no danger. Now if I find even a few diamonds, or 15-20 iron, I start to think about how I can store it. This is the natural flipside to the fact that materials are supposed to be more valuable.

8. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I don't care either way; I love the server and always will (at least for the forseeable future). But I am leaning toward the "get rid of it side" because it makes my bases look worse.

9. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

i'm with archy on this, i can't decide, i'm right in the middle with what i like n what i don't like, but seeing imax blow up with me yesterday was awesome lol but honestly i can't vote cuzz i'm right in the middle of it.

PieSquared761 likes this.
  10. Nicholas2438

Nicholas2438 New Member

I like it because it starts to give more meaning to minecraft. I constantly have to watch my back to survive, always having mobs break into my house. This make the game more exciting. While it may cause me to rage more it makes surviving much harder. It also prevents everyone from getting prot. IV or stacks of diamonds. I now feel i always have something to do or simply try not to die as opposed to before when mobs where no worry and mining was too easy. All in all i would like to keep this plugin.

11. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

From a personal standpoint, I am starting to come around and really starting to enjoy the pluggin. The mobs are actually one of my favorite aspects. You can't just sprint through caves picking off ores like before, you actually have to fight through caves to get resources. It is hard, but it isn't nearly as difficult as some people make it sound. Big tip to people dying a lot: Right clicking with a sword blocks, reducing incoming damage substantially. I know because of having mcmmo that almost no one does this, but it will save your life time and time again if you get in the habit of doing it. Also sprint + attack does knockback, which is great for creepers. Also don't forget about bows and enchantments. Preparation is key.

QuietSea likes this.
  12. PieSquared761

You didn't enjoy it because I never saw you actually playing. I always saw you yelling at n00bs, trolling guests, and general administration. If you played while the server was back in 1.0, you would realize how much more fun the server was before this mod was introduced. You didn't play because it was boring, it was probably because you were busy or out of choice. (Pretty sure this is how it is, not 100% :p)

13. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

Ok, it is not the mining aspect with falling dirt/cobble and torchout level. that is fine. It isn't the amount of mobs coming at me. It is when they SPAWN right on top of me instantly doing damage that has me raging. It is like the game is sensing when I am starting to do really good and "kills" me off before I can make it home. If mobs spawned in half dozen mixed groups 15 blocks away from me, that would be one thing. I could at least get my sword out and take some of them with me. But when you are looking around for where to go next, and start taking damage the very instant that 2 zombies, a skelly shooting siverfish, a spider and 2 charged creepers instantly spawn all within 2 blocks of you, that is just not right. There is no need for that kind of crap.

14. PieSquared761

Try lighting up the area around you better?

15. Well I will say I did rage quit last night. I was mining, doing just fine. Mobs spawned, I fought them off. More xp and some useful stuff for the town no biggy. Then two zombies come after me. Kill one off easily enough and turn to fight the other. I swing, and swing, and swing, and swing. The problem is the zombie would not take any damage. He was somehow glitched or immune. My back was to a wall and I had absolutely no where to go. I died after trying to attack it face to face at least 15 times with my iron ax. I would really like to know what causes this because fighting to defend yourself and to make progress is one thing. Dying to something that you absolutely cannot defend yourself against is not "hard". It's (Insert string of words I can't say here) annoying and pointless.

16. Wasn't saying it was this plugin. Just that I wanted to know the cause because, well it was enough to make me rage really hard

17. PieSquared761

Well, it doesn't happen because of the mod. This is due to some issues in SMP. To fix this, all you have to do is log in and log out. If the zombie was whacking you when you logged out, he'll be there when you come back, so prepare to take 2-3 hits before you can see him. When you see him again, you should be able to kill him. Hope this helps :)

18. Thank you Pie. I will give that a try

19. PieSquared761

Anytime :D

20. Beocca

Beocca Member VIP

Just to offset some negativity to the mod. It has probably been one of the better minecraft experiences I have had yet. Sure mining is harder now, just have to take your time and plan your moves. Cant go barreling through caves without a care in the world. Strip mining may not be viable anymore, but there is always tnt mining in the mining world.

Resources may get scarce after a bit, but careful management of mining world resets will take care of that once the majority of easy ores from peaceful and pvp have been gotten.

The mobs issue is another matter, never before has my heart pumped in fear or excitement on shadecrest peaceful world in a long long time. after many many gruesome deaths in the nether, one including a ghast taking out mine and z_milla's respawn point and a long fall to auto death :D i finally achieved the elusive end of my day long goal and it was a great feeling. i lost tons of stuff getting there but you know what? so what there's always more to get.

If you always focus on seeing the negative in things. you miss out on all the great stuff. The best thing for me is building those great moments in games you remember for decades to come.I have had 2 of those already in 2 days

TL;DR Plan ahead, be careful, and have fun!

imaxorz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.