Weather Poll!

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by PieSquared761, Nov 10, 2012.

?

Should We Remove Weather?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2012.
  1. Yes!

61.5%
  2. No!

38.5%
  3. I Don't Care!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Lately, many people have been complaining about the weather. Let's vote to see our overall opinion on it. Should we keep it or get rid of it?

2. No! Why!?
    Sure lightening can be annoying sometimes, but no rain? That would suck :/.

3. PieSquared761

It's not that bad in moderation, but due to bukkit, it's nearly perpetual lightning.

4. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i love weather, but the lightning is super annoying. It makes the game super laggy, makes random fires all over and makes it really hard to listen for anysort of mob, animal or anything because of the constant booming.

5. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Finally SOMEBODY brings this up G_G We had a vote to bring weather back a LONG time ago, and there was a close run, but pro-weather won, and then for the next few months, the ONLY thing you would see people complaining about was the weather. Im a yes, BUT if there is a way to JUST get rid of lightning, I'd be all for that.

6. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

Just stop the lightning!

7. PieSquared761

Bump, looks like it's 8-5 in favor of getting rid of weather.

If possible, just lightning.

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

How would you guys feel about adding something that will allow to turn storms off for rupies?

9. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Or you can just turn your sound off ;) there are also mods that can turn off weather client side >_>

Nifix likes this.
  10. PieSquared761

Then you can't hear mobs and creepers will ambush you ;)

11. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Ninja creeper ya know

12. Mercury_NYC

Mercury_NYC Member VIP

Yeah, not really a fan of the weather. I would say just turn it off.

Archenemy666 likes this.
  13. sharqman

I would rather have this:
    than turn it off, makes more use for rupies.

14. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I wouldn't really like this for a few reasons. First, admins already turn the weather off when it annoys them. I couldn't see people paying money to do something that the admins already do on their own. Second, if people are going to be paying to turn a thunderstorm off everytime one starts, there is no point in having weather on the first place. The point of having weather is someone nullified if we are constantly turning it off anyway.

That said, I really think we should just keep weather and drop the whole thing. It adds a nice ambiance to the game. If we get rid of it, we will all be back here in a month or two complaining about how stale the atmosphere is on the server. Then what? We will re enable it and do the whole thing over. It's happened before.

15. sharqman

but admins shouldn't be turning it off ;)
    i see what you mean with it being turned off all of the time, the only issue i have with weather is the new snow, which creates snow blocks even on trees, which make floating snow blocks after you chop them down.

16. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i like the weather, z is right that it adds to the game, but the lightning is horrendous. i just want the lightning gone lol

17. PieSquared761

Not to mention that some anti cheat plugin slingshots you back when you try to walk through them...

sharqman likes this.
  18. PieSquared761

If I had known my house was in a snow biome, I wouldn't have voted for it. I'm pretty sure many others agree with this, and the thunderstorms tend to set mobs on fire.

19. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

This right here. Optifine has an option to turn weather off (Options > Video Settings > Other > Weather: On/Off). In the past this did not work on the server, but I just tested it and it now works fine. You will still hear thunder but you will not hear or see rain, so this should help people who complain about lag associated with weather.

QuietSea likes this.
  20. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

I would like to keep the weather, but remove the sound files if possible. or even better, remove the lightning sounds entirely, and make rain quieter