Plotworld issues?

Discussion in 'Creative Server Issues' started by TheKillorX, Nov 13, 2012.

1. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

i heard from some guests that they arent able to place glowstone or sandstone. is there a bug or something else?

2. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Somewhat related, someone just said you are able to place wither skulls. That should probably be disabled if players are also able to place soul sand.

3. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Wither boss time

4. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

mob spawn is off ;)

5. Z_Millla

Well I see people complaining about not being able to place pumpkins, and then others saying it is to prevent snow golems. This doesn't add up!

6. TheKillorX

it says: This block is locked with a magical spell. They cant place or break anything in their own plot.

7. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I'm the one having trouble. It's a message that changes depending on where the locked block is. Occasionally, I'm able to glitch through so to speak and place a block anyway. (Using repeated attempts.) But some blocks just can't be destroyed. It's the spot on the plot that is blocked.

It's not the type of block. If I'm using sandstone, steps, glowstone, you name it.. in that particular spot, I get the message <block> is locked with a magical spell. It has nothing to do with the type of block. I'm assuming it's that a spot or several in my case, have prior claims of some kind on them.

If the prior claims were removed, however that works with the plotme plugin, then I would be able to build and destroy freely. I have at least three spots in my personal plot in the plotworld that give these messages. Some are close to the ground and one is all by itself and three blocks above ground level.

So I will have to content myself for the moment with a few odd blocks in my build. :) Hope the admins forgive them when they come to judge my build. :)

8. Z_Millla

This is most certainly an issue with lwc, which is a pluggin used to lock blocks (usually chests or signs). "This block is locked with a magical spell" is the message that is displayed if you try to modify a locked block. If you type "/cinfo" then punch the protected block, you will see who locked it. "/lwc" will give you the full list of commands for that pluggin. I know there are ways for admins to remove other player's locks, but I don't know any details of that. Anyway, hope this info helps!

9. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

That helps tremendously. :) Thanks so much!

10. TheOnlyGurra

TheOnlyGurra Active Member Creative Architect

must have been a plot with locked chests or something that got reset, and protection is still there for some reason. and yes there is a way for us to remove protections of private chests, hopefully it will work. just ask an admin to help you if the problem isnt solved allready

11. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I used /cinfo and the spots are owned by Jason802. Killer is trying the /cremove command to remove the locks. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be working though he was able to remove Jason's ownership. Even though I claimed the plot again..it still is giving the messages. :) Oh well. lol

According to Bukkit, you
    a. type /cinfo and punch the block which gets up the name of the owner of the lock.
    b. type /cremove to remove the ownership of the block

Players like me can type /cremove to remove our own locks but only admins with the correct permission node can type /cremove to disable other people's locks.

Thanks for you help Gurra. As far as I'm concerned, one block out of place ( a backwards step) is probably not going to affect my build as far as me hopefully getting builder when I'm done. lol

However, there were other claimed blocks on the ground. Since I was building above ground level for my floor, it mostly didn't stop me from building. But anyone else who later uses that plot will certainly have trouble.

12. TheKillorX

i tried to remove the protection, but it says that i ,,dont own the sign,,. so i dont think admins got permission. :/ which is kinda senseless...

13. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Not only that ( and I agree) but I found several more blocks in a whole line across the star. It's starting to interfere at this point. I'm kinda placing blocks over the spots but it looks bad. It's across the right hand side . It's like every other block and about five blocks wide plus the other spots I've marked. It's hard to see with this photo. :/ I'll just keep marking the bad spots as I go and hopefully they can all get fixed before I show it for builder I.[​IMG]

14. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Tried this? /lwc admin purge -remove [player]
    I don't think it'll matter in creative if they lose all their locks

AnnodynS likes this.