Seems the server hates me

Discussion in 'Server Media' started by dodokono, Nov 30, 2012.

1. dodokono

dodokono Member

Despite multiple attempts to film using Minecraft Camera Studio mod, it never works. All I do is jigger back and forth in one spot, regardless of the time limit or proximity/pathing through terrain or walls. 2 spots 10 feet away from eachother make me glitch back and forth over and over again rapidly even if i only tell the movement to last 10 seconds.

2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

It's probably because of an anti cheat plugin we have. Much like how walking over naturally generated half-slab snow blocks slingshots you back.

3. dodokono

dodokono Member

Creative mode, already flying. specifically, I've been testing with a spline path about 10 blocks in length, only a p1 and p2. Its annoying. I thought it might be lag, so I lowered all my settings on optifine, but still no luck.

But what Piesquared said makes sense. Could it perhaps be some kind of perms issue with an anti fly-hack plugin?

4. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I've used it on survival where I can't even fly so it can't be that unless something changed in the update.

5. dodokono

dodokono Member

im now experimenting with several different recorders. Camera studios built in recorder crashes minecraft. Fraps seems to drop about half the jiggering at the cost of a staggering Framerrate drop. ((from 39fps to 7fps)) Sony Vegas screen capturing feature makes the run go smoothly for the first couple seconds, then tons of jiggering. When trying to follow a path without a recorder functioning, I just seemingly dry hump the air until the camera detects a malfunction and stops traveling.

6. dodokono

dodokono Member

and for the record, the error only happens on shadecrest. Works fine on my survival server and on single player.

7. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I can almost guarantee this is due to flying speed. Even with a flymod, if you go too fast you will get pulled back (this bug as been around for a while but never addressed). Use a very long time (ie 5 minutes on a short route), then gradually make it shorter to find the limit to how fast you can go.

8. dodokono

dodokono Member

my last test was about 50 blocks of open space. /cam start 4m

Conversely, i dont want it moving too fast. Its a pain to edit footage for a slow panning shot meant to show off something when its moving so fast you only get a glimpse of what your looking for.

9. mightymcc

mightymcc Member

Try something called Debut Video Capture or Screencast-O-Matic. you can take a screen video and put minecraft in fullscreen and it laggs less. Pushing f8 will slow down your movement for panning, and there are some other tools, too. You just have to watch out and not fly to fast, or rendering will ruin the video.

NOTE: for debut you must go to control panel >change>uninstall software and click on debut and downgrade to free. its worth the work.

10. Edomien

Edomien Member

Did you try recording using the third person option? I don't use first person because I get the jittering and all that nastiness.

11. dodokono

dodokono Member

was a good thought, but nope. Instead, camera spins.

12. Edomien

Edomien Member

Do you think you could send me a video of what's going on? Starting cam studio and all. This sounds interesting.

13. dodokono

dodokono Member

Been trying, actually. -_- Fraps is chopping the segments into 3 second videos and the camera studio recorder doesn't work for me.

14. dodokono

dodokono Member

and the fraps thing tells me there is a massive amount of data going into each video. its set to split videos at 4 gigs right now.

15. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah fraps is very...memory dependent. The only way you can properly use it is you have a terabyte external hardrive and a file compressor. It doesn't work out too well for me, so i'm looking into other screen capture programs

16. Edomien

Edomien Member

Do you have any other applications open while running FRAPS? And for camera studio, did you re-install it? Is it installed correctly?

17. dodokono

dodokono Member

No. Ive done everything I could imagine to make it easier. -_- my other screen capturing program is the one built into sony vegas pro, and it crashed minecraft. Fraps is reliable, just sucks too much memory. My main conclusion is that my computer is just too bad to run more then basic minecraft. -_- The screen is great, but the computer itself has horrible RAM and a bad graphics card.

Ran several diagnostics on the programs installed on my computer. Minecraft is the single largest drain on RAM it seems. Modified java and MC so that they have more memory allocated to them, but still doesn't work. XD In fact, Optifine, reknown for speeding up minecraft, slows mine down. While camera works fine in single player and on my survival server, i cant seem to record while MC is running at all.

18. Edomien

Edomien Member

How much RAM do you have installed into your system? Storage?

19. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Oh, I made sure I closed everything. I'm thinking it might be my file compressor, because when I stream on twitch, i get almost perfect quality

UPDATE: I used AVC converter and it was a lot more rewarding when it came to keeping the same quality XD
    If anyone is interested here's the link to the download(it's from cnet so it's safe)
    http://download.cnet.com/Any-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-10661456.html

20. Edomien

Edomien Member

I wasn't talking to you Quiet. :l Lol I'm kidding! I'm able to record 15min+ videos without them being splitted. You may have an option, dodo, that splits your videos int segments if they are larger than a certain file size, on. I rather have one big file than to have several smaller files.