Dodokono's Cavern

Discussion in 'Grief Report' started by dodokono, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dodokono

dodokono Member

Back when I'd first achieved builder rank, i'd started work on an underground city that I'd planned to reach massive proportions. But I accidentally replaced my /home one night when I was tired. [Tired enough to type /sethome on accident.] The build was lost for about 3 months, with my last work on it being September 18th. When Quietsea found it for me the other day, I was happy to finally get back to my flooded city build, but what I found instead is this.....

[​IMG]

This is a Pyramid made of stone with a glowstone trim that likely wouldn't have even passed the builder 1 app. It was set 22 days ago (as of posting) by Diebolo in a cave I spent nearly 2 weeks clearing out for my build. While this is the only area of my build directly violated, Diebolo has built within the 100 block range of my build site that he should have adhered. The nearest point was backed up to within about 30 blocks of my interior walls. Or about 60 from my main entrance, which is rather big and hard to miss, even if the excuse of the interior wall violation being hard to spot will fly.

I want either an admin to clear out the cavern from the above mess, or to allow me to clear it out myself.

And even if the build was completely abandoned, which it wasn't, Server rules dictate not to grief or build upon/within someone elses build ever without permission. Thank you for reading, hope this can be solved soon.

2. dodokono

dodokono Member

Forgot to add the coordinates.

x: -841.08472
    y: 17.747
    z: -673.75587

3. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

talk with diebolo first please. then you can delete it i think

4. dodokono

dodokono Member

Killor, he griefed. He built -inside- my build. He built within the 100 block limit of my build, the same 100 block limit that it says to adhere to in the rules. Whether intentional or not, he griefed. And I dont see how he could possibly imagine that the cavern wasn't part of someone elses build. So yeah. Dont ban him if you think it was an accident, but I still want to reclaim my build space at the very least.

5. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I have to agree with dodo here, diebolo told me that an admin cleared the area for him if i remember correctly. I have nothing against diebolo and don't think that it was intended as grief but it should be removed, the build isn't good and dod must have worked hard to clear that massive cave out.

6. dodokono

dodokono Member

Yes, I did. Do you have any idea how long it took me to clear that cave? And how annoying it was with the sheer size of the space I had to clear? I wasn't even finished with clearing it or shaping it, but i did indeed work hard on it. It should have been clear to him that it wasn't a natural formation. It still has holes in it. Literally. And if he tried to pass off my cave as something an admin cleared for him, then how much you want to bet he tried to pass off my courtyard as his as well? I did notice complete failure attempt at mimicking the style I used with aqueducts, ancient looking ruins, and heavy use of grey and blue blocks. -_- Even the glowstone lighting, though my glowstone was hidden behind waterfalls or trap doors.

7. TheKillorX

i said youre allowed to destroy it. but it would be better if you talk with him first cause so we can avoid other problems cause he would maybe think that he was griefed. and i wont ban him him for this cause like you said: this thing wasnt used by anyone for 3 months so i bet he thought that no one uses it.

8. dodokono

dodokono Member

As a360p pointed out, he tried to claim the cave was his. that the cave was made as his. >.> Isn't there a rule against copying other peoples builds or claiming them as your own?

9. TheKillorX

i already talked to him. destroy the build. he wont be banned for this cause he didnt knew that this was your cave but he has a warning. i understand that youre angry but this matter is closed now.

10. dodokono

dodokono Member

Understood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.