Feed The Beast map reset Poll

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Hizeron, Dec 16, 2012.

?

Should the FTB map be reset for the grand opening, or left alone.

1. Reset the map. I want everybody to start out fresh and on the same footing.

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Keep the map.I'm sure the test players want to keep all their advanced stuff.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

The FTB server will probably go public soon, and I am wanting to hear what you want. Some of us don't want to loose our work, while others would like to see a fresh reset so we all start out at the same level of technology.

I am partial to a reset because during our testing we had access to several things that are now disabled, and it would just make more sense to have everybody start at the same time.

Please make a new post stating which option you chose and why.

2. cerburus

cerburus Member VIP Creative Architect

I'm going for the reset because, as Hizeron said, I would like to see everyone start on the same level. By the time the server is made public, there will be at least one person, possibly more that have endgame items like quantum armor. I just don't want to see there be such a gap between the beta testers and the public.

3. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I kinda want the reset but I don't at the same time. I guess I'm all in for the reset because then everyone has a fresh start.

4. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

5. cerburus

cerburus Member VIP Creative Architect

so i guess that's 4 for it even though only 2 have actually voted on the poll. For convenience sake, please vote your opinion provided it is a yes or no since there isn't a "on the fence" option. Its easier to look at the poll rather than look through comments to see if a player said yes or no.

6. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

I'm for the reset

7. smallfryz

smallfryz Member

I think it should be reset simply to start out fair for everyone. If you have it fair then ppl cant cry if someone has more then them or is more advanced then them also with with red power coming out too.... seems logical to reset .

8. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

I'd rather not, but I'll go with whatever. If you think about it beta testers in other games get the same advantages of starting out, but I see the point of getting everyone a fair start.

When would this reset happen? If it isn't going to happen in a while, there isn't a point to playing till it happens.

9. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Personally I don't see a reset equalizing things for more than a day or two. Materials are just about as important as having knowledge of how to tech up fast and efficiently. The people who would be ahead without a reset will still be ahead with a reset as they know how to utilize the mods more effectively.

If something like redpower was added and more ores were added to the game, I would want a reset before the server opened for the sake of having all the ores in the main world.

All of that being said, I'm not voting. This decision should be left to everyone who isn't on the test server. I think everyone who is playing right now is fully willing and understanding of a reset, so it's really a matter of what the general public wants.

10. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

11. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

i went for the reset cuzz i wasn't thinking, so i might of cast my vote for reset but i'm leaning toward the not to,cuzz while the testers may have an advantage over the non testers,it gives the testers a picture of how stuff is done so if we the public need help,we can just go n look at the samples that were already made.

12. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I'm at the same standpoint with dyno, but it's whatever to me now at this point.

13. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

It's already reset. I think we are looking to have this open to the public in a few hours.

imaxorz likes this.
  14. QuietSea

What happened to waiting to see if there will be redpower 2?

15. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

May I point out that the idea of the beta testers being reset due to having better tech is a bit nonsensical (To me anyway). I mean, I know what you're saying about evening it out; but it's been established that it's not a huge amount of work, only about a weeks worth according to Majestic. But what about the people who join next week or the week after? They're not going to start at the same point as the others, does this make it unfair to them? Unless you were there at the very moment of start then there will always be someone with better gear than you.

16. QuietSea

The map was already reset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.