Architect Application: Skeletal

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Gushlet, Dec 21, 2012.

?

Vote Skeletal For Architect

1. Yes (I have cookies)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gushlet

Gushlet New Member

IGN: Skeletal

Why I want to become Architect: To obtain the WE and VS powers, to be able to help others with building so i can i turn help myself, and so that i can progress my own building skill even more

How long I have been on the server(/seen): About 2-3 Days

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below: "/Warp Skeletal-1"

2. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I like the form of the build very neat and clean. But I dont think the size and or detailing is quite there. Its clear you have some skill, just need to think bigger and take your time.

3. Gushlet

Gushlet New Member

well, would you not say the trick to being a good artist/builder/designer would be having the skill to have detail in a small area? and with WE/VS afterwards, i would be then able to create those larger creations

4. sioutdoors

I agree but i dont see great detail in your small area yet. But others havent voted yet either

5. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Only been here for 2-3 days? It's a no from me. Only in rare cases do we promote someone after being on the server for 2-3 days.

6. Gushlet

Gushlet New Member

may i ask why its a no? is being an architect not: offering help to others, being friendly, being a good builder with talent. so unless im wrong on what i though what an architect was, I dont see how this is part of the matter

7. sioutdoors

To Qualify:
    §Have a substantial size build that is detailed, Furnished and landscaped and blends into the surrounding terrain. (View example pictures below)
    §Must be a Builder II to apply
    §Must be consistently active within the last month
    §Active on the Forums
    §Maturity and Respect for the community, its players, and the staff.
    §Shows dedication and strong desire to be a part of the community
    §Must obey all rules, and not be a repeat offender or have been banned for a serious offense.
    §If one has lost architect status twice due to breaking rules, they can no longer qualify to be an architect again

8. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

You have to be here for at least a month. Like I said, there are only rare cases in which we bend that rule.

9. Parhnoied

Parhnoied New Member Creative Architect

Might be my fault on the early app. Told em I thought they had a chance though I was unawares of time on server. I think it's a nice build, true it lacks a little detail, but the concept is nice and I think the spa areas were well put together, that said I do 100 percent agree on a no due to lack of time on server. Thing is we need to be able to see not only what style of builder you are but also what kind of person. The abilities granted with the arch rank are a restricted privilege due to the massive damage that could accumulate with those abilities in the wrong hands, this is the reason I would assume for the time restriction and why you would have to literally knock our socks off to achieve the rank with the time you've logged. Sorry for the confusion but look at it this way, you got a head start just take in all that is said and use it to improve what you got so that by the time you have logged the time you need your build should be more than ready as well. Good luck!

10. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Simple as, you have not been here for long enough nor is wanting to have WE and VS a good reason to want to become an architect. The reason that the AT LEAST one month rule is in place is due to us wanting architects who are committed to the server and are known by the staff, who will likely have seen you through your promotions. There is another rule in place for architects in which, if we are not active for a month then we get demoted so please do not feel like you are being ruled out just because you haven't been here for long.

I haven't taken a look at your app build as of yet, but I trust Si's judgement in saying your build is clean and neat. But this is only step one towards being a good enough builder to become an architect on this server. Si mentioned that you need to add more detailing and build on a larger scale, I suggest that you take a look at /warp travel and warp around some architect's builds to see the kind of level that we expect from you, and you try and best everyone of us. It is still my goal to improve on this server and get my name as well known as Peter's or Liasha's on the server, there is always room for improvement. It would serve you well not to actively build for architect, but rather build what you enjoy building and learn from the admins and architects who will be more than willing to nurture your talent whenever they have time.

Anyways, good luck for all of your future builds.

If you want to see a minimum level build you can check out mine at /warp Halo (bear in mind that I was lucky to get promoted IMO).

-A360P

sioutdoors likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.