Guest FAQ

Discussion in 'Creative Guides and Tutorials' started by Legend9468, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Well if you're reading this, it means that you've probably got a few questions about certain aspects of this wonderful sever, the next few hundred words contain the answers to a fair few commonly asked questions. You do not have to read all of it, but it's recommended that you do.

So without further ado:

- I'm here on PlotWorld, why can't I build?
    Well, chances are you either aren't on your plot or you don't own one. If you've only just joined, then type /plotme auto and it'll take you to the nearest unclaimed plot and claim it for you; this is now your plot.
    If you already have a plot, then typing /plotme home will take you back to it.

- Hey, my friend's here with me in the game, can I add them to my plot?
    Nope, only the owner can build on a plot. This is so that we know that all work is your own. PlotWorld is a test to get Builder I and onto the rest of the server. Spend a few days doing a build and rank up, then you can build with your friend (assuming they're ranked up).

- I've finished my plot, now I need an admin to come and rank me up.
    /warp pworld and then read the signs. A modreq is not a satanic summoning and won't produce an admin instantly, these men and women are busy and you're not the only person on the modreq list. Seriously, go and make a cup of tea and then have a chat with some other people while they get to you. Mine took a day and a half to go through.

- Can an admin change the time to day? Why are people saying I shouldn't use diamond blocks? What's a modreq?
    /warp pworld

- Can an Admin check out my build and help me?
    Are the Admins the only people on the server? Unless it's buggy there are dozens of other experienced people on the server capable of helping you. If it's finished, then stop spamming chat and send a modreq.

- Can someone WE something for me? Why don't I have WE?
    You're guest on a 64x64 plot, you don't need WorldEdit.

- Why can't I place x blocks?
    Well, that's because the block either is capable of causing serverwide lag and/or was used in a grief.

- Do leaves dissapear? does ice melt? does fire spread?
    Nope, nope, nope.

- Why can't I use /ch o?
    That's because you're a guest, next question.

- Why can't I teleport?
    The teleporting system works on 'calling people', If you want to come to me then you type /call Legend9468 and then it'll appear on my screen and I then type /bring <You>. It's simple enough when you get going.

- What's depth, block variation, and why do people keep saying it doesn't look nice?
    That's probably because it doesn't look good. Take a look over these threads first.

Tips for Quicker Promotion by (SioutDoors, Creative Server Admin)
    http://www.shadecrest.com/site/index.php?threads/3733/

The Gigantic Guide for Building (as found by QuietSea, Creative Server Admin)
    The page is slightly broken, so a bit of scrolling down is required.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/qmndk/the_gigantic_guide_for_building/

There's also /warp tutisland if you're stuck for ideas.

Who's the owner?
    Imaxorz is the owner of ShadeCrest

Heavens above, there's a lot more here that I originally thought! Did I get everything? if not, drop a comment below and I'll include it in a bit. Thanks for reading peoples and I look forwards to seeing you on the server!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    AnnodynS likes this.
  2. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I don't get it :S All this is already at spawn and on the wiki. Why not just redirect them to wiki.shadecrest.com instead of a FAQ

3. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

This is more so we don;t have to repeat ourselves, and I also direct them to the PlotWorld spawn in the case of modreqs and such. It also sums up the most common questions on one page and makes the solution a lot clearer.

I've made points on server etiquette, such as not calling Admins if it's not that sort of problem, and not pestering people for world edit.

There's also nothing about
    -adding people to plots
    -Fire, leaves and ice.
    -blacklisted blocks
    -chat channel permissions
    -making fire

4. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

You may have to brush up on what's actually there at spawn/wiki...because I'm sure there are signs/pages saying it's solo build, there are banned items, and all the chat commands.

Plus it wouldn't hurt to add what's missing from the wiki

EDIT: Made it a sticky to whatever board this is on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.