On Mods And Purpose of the Server

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by Navarog, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

(I have noooo idea where to put this, move it if you'd like, admin-type-people)

I entered our Creative server to a discussion about what kinds of mods should be banned, and which should be allowed. I remember, before plotworld, mods like flymods and inventory mods were highly encouraged once you were at a certain level, since they sped up the building process. At this time, our motto was also something along the lines of "We don't want to be the biggest server, but we do want to be the best".

My views on the subject are that any mod should be allowed as long as they don't either: a( help one copy someone else's build or b(cause lag on the server. I may be "old-school", but I still feel one of the main ideals of the server is to have good builds. Things like flymods and inventory mods speed up building, which would give us larger and better builds faster.

Also, recently, I've heard talk of and seen bans for the sake of the server being a family-friendly server for all ages, about maximizing fun for as many people as possible, no matter their age, maturity, or building capabilities. Then, upon entering and engaging in the discussion about mods, I was told that one reason for the server existing is to train the people who aren't the best at building to build better.

I was presented with an opposing viewpoint, one based off of the idea that the server is made to be "family-friendly", and that we should try to train builders instead of recruit the better or more mature ones. This opposing viewpoint was that most mods should be banned, and that builders should learn to rely on vanilla Minecraft to do all of their buildings, so their progress towards building better is not changed by what mods they have.

This idea seems silly to me, but only because I feel the server is trying to have good builds instead of many players. It seems like recruiting skilled engineers and not letting them use any electronic devices, like calculators or computers.

My question is this: Should mods be allowed or not, and what is the purpose of the server, presently?

QuietSea likes this.
  2. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

What is this i don't even... every single multiplayer mod has been allowed for the longest time.
    I'm locking this. Whoever claims that mods of x-ray and the likes are banned should just stop where they are.
    [​IMG]

3. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

Mostly nvm <3

4. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

5. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

I xray on creative, how else can I build my magnificant diamond boxes?

sharqman likes this.
  6. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Guys, there is a lot more to this than you are aware. I sent a note and asked for some advice here and to clear up my part in what Nava is referring to.

7. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Again, thread is locked, thread is pointless, mods are fine on creative etc etc etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.