Wrong chat channel punishment

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by ThisDudeRiteHere, Sep 11, 2011.

1. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

It's getting pretty damn annoying with people, especially vets and other green names, using the wrong chat channel constantly. I keep seeing people having convos in /ch tr, talking to people that are in /ch l using /ch g, etc. Idk, I just think there should be some sort of punishment to constant breaking of this rule, such as rupies being lost, a mute for a few days, etc. :3

2. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

We already have mute punishments. :3

3. ThisDudeRiteHere

But then when they're unmuted, they still do it.

4. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Maybe we could do a thing like 3 mutes for the same offense you can't use that channel any more... I do agree 100% with you though it pisses me off to no end when I see people talking in trade. Like the other day this kid was doing an auction IN TRADE. they were spamming it with prices. Got super pissed, and another thing that drives me nuts is when people ask every five seconds who's buying, now THAT is annoying. I definitely agree that we need either a new form of punishment, or more of an enforcement of muting.

5. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

do you want to monitor that? admins and mods already monitor bans, ban appeals, pardons, VIP awards, and various other things, we are also pulled in 15 diffrent directions when ever we log on the server... we have given temp bans for incorrect channels, but no one is willing or able to monitor the over 300-500 unique players who are on our server EVERY DAY.

6. iiDreamzzHD

True, but if you were asking me to monitor that I would hands down, or were you being sarcastic?

7. pyro5050

sarcastic...

8. ThisDudeRiteHere

Well maybe get a few people to do that. With all due respect pyro, you always ALERT and yell at people for it, so I was just trying to think of a solution.

9. pyro5050

i more use alert and yell at people to read the rules... and fairly calmly tell people to use proper channels.. i do notice you yelling at them though to use the proper channels. and no one really listens to you... regardless, this issue is closed, we already deal with it in the way of best practice. we dont need more lists, and warnings and crap...

10. ThisDudeRiteHere

I don't yell at people. You guys don't always say something because you're busy, so I'll say something like /tr Use Global instead. And people DO listen to me, as they switch after. I just try to help. Call me what you want, a WBM, but I help out when you guys are busy.

11. iiDreamzzHD

Pissed

12. iiDreamzzHD