ksapple107 Architect application

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Ksapple107, Feb 13, 2013.

?

Should I be an Architect?

1. Yup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ksapple107

Ksapple107 Active Member Creative Architect

Hello, my name is Kenton, and my username on minecraft is ksapple107 (Kenton's apple)

I was first seen on shadecrest in early november, 2012

Why I want to become an Architect: Well the reason why I want to become an architect is mostly for World Edit/Voxel privilages because I believe I could make amazing things with those tools. I am inspired to be the new peterian66. Even though my statues are a lot smaller ;). I believe that I am a really active person on the server. Lots of the time there are no moderators online and I am. With Architect I will expand my build using World Edit and make many more builds in the future. I will never lose my Architect rank, for I have zero bans on my record.. oh wait that is not true, there was one time, but the server was really laggy and I was temp/auto banned by the server for "spamming commands". Overall I am a well rounded helpful minecraft player and I also think I would do well as a moderator, but I want to be a builder/architect, not a mod. Please consider my application, and if I am not chosen to be an Architect, give me as much constructive criticizm as possible!

Pictures below show /warp kenton

Attached Files:

2. Ksapple107

More photos and more to come x)

Attached Files:

3. Ksapple107

and a few more

Attached Files:

4. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I have seen your build and you know exactly what I think, so you know where I stand too. To be clear it is a no currently, I need to see it more finished before I can say yay or nay. I would say you are too early to apply really, but hopefully you'll get some good feedback out of this. Good luck!

5. Ksapple107

Feedback is what I want :D

6. Ksapple107

please, if you leave a vote, tell me how i can improve, where i can improve etc.

7. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

You already have my feedback :)

8. Ksapple107

yeah, I know :D, i just noticed that there are 2 votes. so someone just voted without any feedback :/

9. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I agree with a360, I don't really think you are quiet ready yet for arch.
    About your build, i'm not that huge of a fan. The walls just look crazy busy with the same repeating pattern over and over, and i'm not a huge fan of the block selections. There is just too much going on for me.
    I don't really like how the roof is just flat ice, I think you could have done something a lot nicer with that, and the inside is still pretty empty.
    It's got potential, but it's not all the way there yet.

10. Ksapple107

okay I agree with everything, visit once more and u can see what i am doing. I would much rather know about things I can improve on rather then things that suck.

How about if I changed one or maybe two blocks in the whole entire build. What would you change? (eg. I would change sandstone to lapiz; I would exchange ice with black wool, etc.). Or if I used more of a block or less of another. Think hard cause I will definitely take into consideration everything said.

11. CW390

CW390 Member Creative Architect

Took a look at your build... Your in the right direction, but not exactly there.
    First off let me start with this, when taking screenshots, press f1 to get rid of the chat and stuff. I can see everything Nava is saying... we don't want to see that. We really don't...
    Second, that big build of yours made of ice and what not, is good so far, but is lacking some form and interior.
    It's basically a giant pretty flat wall of ice with a roof of ice... It needs some curves, give it an organic look (think of how big oak trees start from the roots and curve up to the trunk, apply that to your walls), and a great interior with large ice pillars and make an awesome roof with form! Not a flat roof with a giant dome in the center... I'm not even sure where you're going with that.
    This build has great, and I mean GREAT potential, you just gotta work a little more.

12. Dann01520

Dann01520 Member Creative Architect

I had a fly round your building and had a look at the pics. Unfortunately I'm really not a fan. The first thing that struck me is the massive flat one block spaces like the stone brick floor and the ice roof. Although scale proves your dedication, i would say its the details that shows your skill, and i feel theres a great lack of it. Also theres no way that wall and roof could support its self. My suggestion would be: Don't make things as big as possible for the sake of making it big. Have a good image of what you want to build in your head, and build every last detail.. regardless of size. Once you start building you will establish the size it should be i.e. a village house wouldn't be 100 blocks high, the same as a castle shouldn't be 10 blocks high.
    Im just trying to give constructive criticism, hope i don't sound nasty.
    I would say this was builder 2 work, but quite far from architect at the moment.
    so its a no from me.

13. Pelle_Sudden

Pelle_Sudden Member Creative Architect

I feel like there is not much more to say, I agree with the people above.
    I do like that people try out new block combinations and i do think these blocks could work well together, but as Lionfish said rigth now it looks crazy busy. Mabey try to make a "flater" wall with mabey two or three different blocks and then add some bigger details, for example try add a pattern similar to the one you got going on the ground, It will probably make the build less messy:)
    And I dont want to sound harsh but I get the feeling that the both buildings gives an unfinnished feeling cause of all the space "left out" or not built on,finnish it and it will look so much better:p
    I do like the bridge betwen the islands thoe, might need some more small details but its a nice base-structure:)
    Keep up the work and you will eventually get a "yup" but as for now its a nup

14. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I'm basically going to say the same thing as the others. You've got the right scale and such, but it feels empty and unfinished at the moment. I would say work on it a bit more and then reapply. It's a no for now.

15. Ksapple107

Alright, you guys are speaking my thoughts, I'm not proud of it atm, and I really have no idea what I'm doing with the roof, the random dome on top is a perfect example. I have an image in my mind that I can't put to blocks. I think I might start this one over a bit, take some parts down. Anyway..

How about the statues? ;)

16. CW390

CW390 Member Creative Architect

Reason we said nothing about those is... well they seem fine. :)
    I'm not much of a statue making person :p

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  17. Pelle_Sudden

Pelle_Sudden Member Creative Architect

It might help to scetch the picture in your head on a pice of paper or smoething like that: I offten do it if/when I get stuck or when something turns out in a way i didnt excpect it to;)

18. Dann01520

Dann01520 Member Creative Architect

I do the same, sometimes i use google sketch up to. Its a fairly simple 3D CAD Program.

19. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Ks.. I love your statues as always..they are excellent.. and you have some good ideas. I would take the advice given you so far and work with it. You've been given some great ideas that could help you develop this into the kind of build you want. Rather than give up and start over.. I would suggest you follow through on the advice. Consider it a learning experience.. and when you are done.. it could be arch worthy too.

20. Ksapple107

Oh no, not giving up for sure, just rethinking it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.