New ranks and ideas for new comers and a new layout?

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by CanOpenerTrooper, Feb 20, 2013.

?

should we revamp tutisland and spawn?

1. yes-both

50.0%
  2. yes-tutisland

25.0%
  3. yes-spawn

25.0%
  4. no- I like the old tutisland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Hey guys!

Late last night I was the only official member of shadecrest on. There were at least 20+ guests on. It just randomly hit me that shadecrest kind of has an old feeling. I personally think that every server needs at least 1 "update" kinda time where they get some seriuse revamping done. First off let's start out with chat and ranks. I really love the idea of the yellow chat name in the survival server and would love to see it added onto creative. It would add a little color in chat and give more variety. Secondly I think that there should be more ranks. I know, I know, this has been brought up A LOT of times but most people agree with it. I am not saying a builder III or anything or a redstone rank but more of a builder rank. Seems like shadecrest only has 2 real ranks for builders. I mean builders make up the structure of this server. I can't really put my finger on the right rank to add, but please feel free to add what rank you feel is good for the server in the comments. I just fee that more ranks would give people more opportunity to expand their building horizon and such. I also want to talk about a new layout for the server. I really like the idea of tutisland but it has gotten old. I think we might want to make a new one, just for a fresh start. I am sure that 30+ people will contribute to the new tutisland. I also think that builder II's need a little bit more power. After all they are "trusted builders". The only advantages they get is the ability to make warps. Maybe give them powers to the //fixwater tool. I know many people would find use for it and it doesn't really affect their arch build. Also spawn has gotten fairly bland over the months. I think we should have many builders come together either make a large build or copy and paste a large inactive build to spawn to really WOW the new comers. Well, I know some people will agree, while some will not but it is always worth a shot to improve the server :)

Finally I think shadecrest's youtube channel isn't very active at all! I am not trying to make the youtube channel relate to mine but I do really like watching videos by Mitrintia, a 12k+ subscribed youtube channel for another creative server. I think shadecrest needs the reputation of the mitrinthia server. Shadecrest has a VERY good reputation but not many people in the youtube community know about us. I would love to change that and help in any way I can. Maybe make the shadecrestSMP channel either a community channel or email videos to Max to upload them. I will always be uploading to my channel but I think shadecrest just needs to be noticed on youtube.
    Youtube is the gateway for this server to become better. So why not take advantage of it :)
    bye bye!

2. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

We are re-vamping tutisland...and spawn was being re-done by sioutdoors. Also, I don't agree with builder II getting more 'power' as you put it, why do you need more stuff then you already have? Creating warps is the most useful tool on the server, and when I got builder two I was just happy to be respected by the other players on the server.Also, what is the point of just giving you guys the fix water command? Seems pointless to me.

3. CanOpenerTrooper

I admire your view point but as you know I am not builder II and I do not need more power..

4. A360P

You are builder II.

5. Abdullahj

Abdullahj Active Member

I disagree with the builder IIs needing more power. Possibly be able to place more blocks, but that's it. There should be a rank between builder II and architect in my opinion. There is a huge challenge jump from a builder II application to an Architect Application. One or two ranks in between that made the difficulty slope less steep would be nice. Those slightly harder ranks (but not as hard as arch) would add a fundamental time for learning more. You cannot simply go from kindergarten to 12th grade and expect to succeed a lot. The time for them to go through the ranks can also be a time for the player to gain trust with people, make friends, and the like. Shadecrest is a minecraft community, if no one befriended anyone, what would the point of it all be? I think that more ranks is a good idea, each rank a little better than the last. Offer privelages to each rank as a motivation! I love new powers! Consider the idea.

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  6. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Like a3 said it's being done, but I'm away + waiting on voxel kinda, so progress is slow.

7. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

i totally agree with the big statement of cano at the beginning. especially with the part where he talks about a new rank

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  8. A360P

If you give them fixwater, then the only other command I can think to give would be //up for mid-air builds like airships and such, but isn't really needed. Then again, i have no idea about most of the WE commands.

9. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Voxel has been back for a few days. :)

Also a3's idea of /up isn't bad. The only issue I see with this is someone typing /up 2398023905 for fun, then crashing the server (I want to say nrayf did this at one point? Not sure). Beyond that they can place most disabled blocks, make warps, build in an extra world, and use fly mods. Not much can be added besides WE which has already been made more accessible for all ranks.

I really don't see the need for more ranks as the ones we have are quite sufficient and more would just make chat busy.

We really don't need more chat channels, but perhaps private chat rooms? An easy way to do this is just add mcmmo and disable everything except party chat. This would be quite nice for creative since even using local won't always work if you are flying around a large build.

We should also encourage more creative players to use the forums, as it really helps strengthen the community aspect. I would love to see more posts where people show off what they have made and list warps to their builds. Despite all the incredible builds on the server, the "server media" section is quite lackluster I feel.

10. CanOpenerTrooper

Max.....I got a new computer around 9 hours ago..... Go check my channel. I have put up about 3-4 new videos..... I would not call 16GB RAM and NVIDIA 1gb graphics card "shit" And I get around 30 fps now while recording....
    And a3, I am builder II but I don't need anymore powers... I am really V.I.P. I have basic WE needs. The normal builder II only has hawk eye and warp powers

11. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

ROASTED
    [​IMG]

12. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I agree with the youtube channel, we need someone who makes really good videos, and showcases the really good builds that we have, and all that we offer. I honestly think we have some reaally amazing builds, better than 80% of other creative servers out there and I feel like we need to showcase that more.

Spawn and tutisland are both being redone, but what exactly happened to both? I feel like they got pushed aside to one person doing them and they need to be more organized, lol

I had something worthwhile and important to say about this, but I forgot it... I feel like i'm rambling.. lol

13. A360P

Pie is on holiday, I pretty much dumped tutisland on him because I'm doing SG and survival spawn, but he's pretty happy to do it and never seems to ask for help :p.

As for newspawn we all kinda left Si to do it all, one man army style, myself included. We all need to finish it TBH, take a load of Si's back (I know Teg has done lots there too). It is in the architect world, i think at /warp newspawn so go claim a plot when you read this and get it finished!! Especially if you haven't built there yet :S

14. TheOnlyGurra

TheOnlyGurra Active Member Creative Architect

the only reason i could think of to get more ranks is to keep players motivated and keep them from getting bored and leave the server

15. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

A360P Lionfish12 Z_Millla yeh I'm away and as most of you have noticed I don't get things done, I suck. It's warp tutorial if you wanna do anything, I know you have your redstone tut going Z, judging by how good it was, you might might wanna lend a hand?
    Anyway cya all Sunday :)

16. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Here's my 2 cents worth.

We don't need more ranks. From experience on another server, more ranks just makes it more confusing for newcomers. I occasionally sign into another one (as a guest, I just like being a no name. It's nice for a change.) and they have a wide variety to their ranks; and quite frankly, I'm still trying to figure it out. While SC may have less ranks, it's more user friendly.
    More ranks also don't improve peoples building skills/horizons, people improve peoples building skills. If I build on a plot using the same powers as a guest, does that make it less of a good build?

I agree with the powers part. Nothing too serious, just a little bit that can help give a sense of accomplishment/power.

I also like the idea of a community YouTube channel. Each type of video would need to be approved first, and only special trusted people could. It would be a bit of fun to record some of the new builds and survival events; maybe even do a short tour of peoples FTP bases? ( I swear that I won't mock any of your stuff guys.).

And on a side note. I'm seriously just waiting for someone to ask for my help on the new tutisland. You said that you'd need the rank and file builders help later on, but I never got the call.

Pelle_Sudden likes this.
  17. A360P

That was my bad legend, i handed over the project but forgot to inform everyone T_T *hides in corner*

18. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It kinda just died out. May just bump it now, for the hell of it.

19. CanOpenerTrooper

Stop with the damn gifs....... Maybe contribute to the thread.

20. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

shhh just accept it
    [​IMG]