New ranks and ideas for new comers and a new layout?

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by CanOpenerTrooper, Feb 20, 2013.

?

should we revamp tutisland and spawn?

1. yes-both

50.0%
  2. yes-tutisland

25.0%
  3. yes-spawn

25.0%
  4. no- I like the old tutisland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Quiet, just stop... really

2. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Ladies, ladies....you can both go to the ball.

3. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

4. CanOpenerTrooper

Max, I am pretty sure this video has decent FPS -_-

5. QuietSea

Well if you want contribution, you'll get contribution.
    Some of the things I include in this thread may have already been previously posted in this thread so if you end up reading something again in this post, I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.
    1:A new rank has always been a bad idea, it invokes more demand for a new world, promotions, and wasting admins time having to go back and forth with checking builds. I don't see a problem in giving //fixwater, however, it is easy to grief a lot with it. We have touched on this topic SO many times in the past I can't even go back and count how many times it was brought up. People have asked for this for almost a year and I still don't think it's a good idea. A new rank is just people wanting a filler to make themselves feel one step higher than the others. Like I've said a billion times in all of the other "new builder rank" suggestion threads, all we need to do is get more strict promotion guidelines.

2:There is a whole entire thread you should look into about people making a new tutorial island...this is a project that's been a work in progress....

3:I think it's fair to give all of the transportation commands from WE for builder II (compass, //jumpto, //thru, ascend, etc).

4: wat. emailing videos? be like Mithrintia? Why Mithrintia? Why VoxelBox? Why compare to other people?
    [​IMG]
    Why not be independent and do something fresh instead of following the META?? I get so annoyed when people compare Shade Crest to other servers...who cares what they're doing?Why not do something better or more entertaining? To be honest, there is no limit to what we can do (Yes, cheesy, I know...). Anyway, I don't know if a community channel would even be worth the time to have one. Why not just have a community of different channels where everyone makes their own builds? And to be honest, there are at least a billion other ways than YouTube to spread the word of Shade Crest's large repertoire of builds. There's planet minecraft, the minecraft forums, twitch.tv, reddit.com(I hear we are well known there, and I don't mean spam posts of advertisements for the server, I mean posting really nice pictures of builds and such), etc.
    So many times have we discussed spreading word of shade crest, and I still bring up all the different places we can show builds
    -_-

TL;DR: This thread is a repost of every suggestion in the past except that builder II needs a bit more tools to help them build (world edit transportation stuff) along with a stronger youtube/other community presence.

A360P likes this.
  6. CanOpenerTrooper

wow, I must hand it to you, you did write alot..... gg

and I do think I added other topics but personally I think ShadeCrest needs a new feeling and stuff. Just my opinion. :)

and thank you for pointing out that this is a re-post of everything, I appreciate it.

7. A360P

So we are getting this 'new feeling' from copying mithrintia academy and the voxel box? Seems legit.

8. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

The transportation command that comes with voxel (/b w) is a lot more handy than the compass. It allows you to jump to the furthest block in sight instead of 50 (?) or so blocks.

9. CanOpenerTrooper

well, I do want this server to be unique (duh). I think that this server just needs more community builds. I have recently started one but I don't see many at all. And no I don'r want this server copying mitrinthia I just feel that that server does a good job with community builds.

10. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

QuietSea about your being unique on YouTube point, I don't know if this is still in trend or not, but perhaps we could try some sorta Harlem shake on the server; we could encourage others all to get on at the time of filming, get it on YouTube and have fun! :)

iamenrique123 likes this.
  11. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

/tp <cords> should be available to players :p

12. QuietSea

Harlem shake is the spawn of the devil :3

13. A360P

You're the spawn of the devil.

14. CanOpenerTrooper

I don't know how you feel about this, but the Harlem shake is getting old. But what the hell. I can make one of cloning people to make 30 in total :)

15. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I would love to get the tutorial area back underway. Pieman_Is_God, we should start a conversation with everyone who wants to help out and get everything organized. Keeping the conversation updated will also make it much easier to continue working even when not everyone is around.

16. CanOpenerTrooper

invite me in the convo :)

17. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

I feel that I would be interested in this, would you mind inviting me in?

18. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Kindly be quiet peoples about registering interest now about the new tutisland; this is the wrong thread for it. We talked about doing this a month and a half ago.
    So for future reference, take a quick search for related threads before. We already have a conversation going with all of the people who registered interest at the time.

19. A360P

There is already a convo somewhere, i'll add you there in case you haven't already started one.

20. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Yeh its getting a bit too overdrawn lol, can barely keep track + its in architect world, sorry, thanks for the offers though =)