Qb10panther

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by qb10panther, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Should I be promoted to architect?

1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

80.0%
  1. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

Disclaimer: This thread is for admins and architects to post only. Please nobody else post here.

IGN: qb10panther

Why I want to become Architect: I would like to be architect because it is my highest goal for this server. I have strived for this goal since I first joined this server. I also would like to be architect because I would like to have voxel sniper and world edit. I have a big build planned that cannot be achieved without voxel sniper. I also enjoy helping people with their needs. I am always kind to everyone. I hope to be promoted to architect.

How long I have been on the server(/seen): July 12, 2012

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below:
    /warp treeport
    /warp seaisland

2. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

You're /warp treeport wasn't as great as you're seaisland warp to be honest. :/ I feel like reeport had too much brown and wood in it(despite its name treeport....)
    Although, the sea island is a major improvement and I see potential in you. It's a yes from me.

3. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I agree with quiet for the most part. Seaisland is nice. I see potential in your exterior work, but I think your detailing needs work, most of the space is filled with trees. My tip would be to try and be a bit more inventive with your details in the town, try adding lamp-posts and maybe try making some custom trees to make your build 'pop' a bit more. Finally, try layering the walls of your builds a little more, have a play with depth in single player or something. your builds do have depth, but only at a very typical rank II level, try to do something different.

It is a 'no' from me, but keep trying you'll get there.

EDIT:

Actually now that I have seen the outside of the walls you need to blend them in with the terrain a little better and you certainly need to add more depth to them :)

Good Luck!!

4. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

Thank you for the advice. I will use it to try and improve now.

5. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I'm not a huge fan of treeport to be honest, I just think it's too... messy? I'm not sure it just looks really randomly placed.

I like seaisland a lot better. The houses are well made, and I love the arches and detail on the main building. But, I'm not a huge fan of the wall around it. I feel like it looks out of place and unnatural.
    I think there is a lot of room for improvement in your build, like a360 said with the lamps, I also think your homes coule have more details because they're all kind of the same style and kind of plain.
    My adive would be to look at other towns on the server or around minecraft to get some more ideas and look at the little details of it all to improve it.
    It's a no from me for now, but I do think you're close!

6. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Treeport does feel like an npc city of sorts. The walls, floors and roofs are all the same block type; mixing it up may help. Not to mention there are full blocks for the stairs around town, generally a big no no on creative servers.

I'm really torn over seaisland. The big building is more like a port administration building than a palace; it lacks some basic amenities to be a palace. I love the town though, it's more well built than most of the towns that I come across on the server. Walking around the town itself, the houses and adjoining yards have a lot of detail, it's just inbetween the builds and integrating them together that you need to work on.

I'm going to remain undecided on this and give a verdict after seeing some more criticism from the others.

7. CW390

CW390 Member Creative Architect

Looking at the 1st warp, I find it to be an ok town... nothing really good enough for arch, but then I compare it to the last warp, big improvement.
    The biggest building there has some nice arches and detailing, looking at the exterior, its really nice. but interior wise...
    Well i get that you wanted an open atmospheric look, but it looks more like office cubicals with the walls separating each room.
    Next, is the town, Lovely exterior, very good attention to detail, but then I enter them only to find that some of them are lacking an interior. I personally like builds that encompass both exterior and interior. You pay great amount of attention to detail, but i would like it if all the buildings had an interior. Don't get me wrong your good interior wise too. The roofs of the homes are quite average though, give them something different.
    The ship is nice too.
    The light house... I'm still not satisfied. :\ If I were you, I would experiment a little more with it's design. (look at pics of light houses too)
    You should add some more uniqueness to your build, like we see villages all the time and whatnot, add something we don't see all the time ;)
    Over all, You do great on details I like the town in general. Could improve on some aspects.
    That's it for the criticism.

Answer: no, you have some room for improvement, once you've improved your building skills then I'll reconsider.

8. Dann01520

Dann01520 Member Creative Architect

I like how you've integrated tree port with the land around you and not just built on flat ground. But the detail in the buildings isn't enough and as legend say it looks rather like an npc village.
    Sea island was a big improvement on detail and depth, i like the main piece's arch ways, and the houses look pretty good. The exterior wall lacks a lot though. I would say theres defiantly potential, but neither warps are at architect level yet.
    Its a no from me. But keep building and you will get there!

Edit: Also you haven't been active on the forums, and I'm not sure I've seen you around on the servers much..

9. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Bump, was this ever resolved?