Minecraft video/edit with real clouds

Discussion in 'Server Media' started by CanOpenerTrooper, Mar 1, 2013.

1. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Hey guys, I have recently found a way to get rid of normal minecraft skies and get a built in picture/video to replace it with. I know the video is a bit short but over a week of editing went into this.. This proccess takes forever. I have to individually record each part (10-15s) remove the sky, add color correction, apply a filter, blur, and then render in HD. I did this about 25 times. Some of the scenes didn't make into the video because the sky remained to still for the moving camera..

Chromekey: What this tool does is it takes out the desired pixels using a color scheme. you then can layer a image or video behind it. It is kind of like green screen but a lot different in many ways (more complex). In some of the videos some of the far away mountains may look partially transparent. this was due to the fog. I am still trying to fix this issue... Please consider leaving a like and subscribing. I have recently gotten a partnership and am trying to produce higher quality/edited videos.. I not only edited the video but also the music. I tried to add more of a bass feel to it. Might be hard to tell but meh, I tried

recorded and edited with screenflow
    audio enhanced with garageband

Be sure to turn to HD
    youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/EyreBlueCinema
    Subscribe :D

2. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

So like...what am i watching? naturally spawned terrain?

3. CanOpenerTrooper

Quiet, you are watching custom terrain... no Voxel or world painter used.... -.-

and thanks nifix!

4. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Very nice. Now your doing cinematics

5. CanOpenerTrooper

xD I thought of the exact same thing. I am now really getting under way to becoming much much better

6. CanOpenerTrooper

it's all in the thread. I record using screenflow and edit using screenflow. it is for macs :p
    the editing software is pretty high end although you can do this affect using almost everything besides imovie and windows movie maker... I made the sky affect with screenflow then added color correction, blackened borders and music in iMovie. I also rendered it quicktime.. And yes, I tried getting moving clouds. Harder to find than you think :\ Although I will always keep improving..

and if you have after affects I recommend you check out unibluemedia (youtube) he has 2 tutorials on this affect.. and if you don't have after effects I am sure the layout is the same in other things :)

7. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

[quote="CanOpenerTrooper, post: 50932, member: 2123"Some of the scenes didn't make into the video because the sky remained to still for the moving camera..
    [/quote]
    Got a problem with camera tracking? Just use boujou, only $10,000 xD

8. CanOpenerTrooper

Nice, good luck using it. It can be a pain

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

panning is way to slow for terrain, music and transitions were nice, and don't show water falls unless you have a nice tp/shaders that change how water looks cause it's hideous in mc :p