SteamPunk done right.

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by Legend9468, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I came across this here video while browsing through YouTube cinematics. While some of you may roll your eyes at 'yet another SteamPunk build', this is an incredibly well made cinematic in my opinion in its own right. It also shows one example of what I think SteamPunk actually is.

On a side note, anyone interested in making this style of build?

2. Legend9468

Sorry for the minor other server advertising present, that's out of my control.

3. Ooh steam punk! Me wuvs it!!!

4. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Well said Legend... I think you are a fantastic steampunk builder.. I hope you will take some (good) criticism though.. I mean warp peter could use some. I think your steampunk style is a bit overused. The fact that so much wool/wood is used makes it very common to others... I really think a build with different blocks would be amazing (Nether brick). Never the less your steam town is the best build on the server for me :)

I love the fact that your city looks very functional. Not all towns on this server would do much in the real world.. yours would be successful.. you are also VERY talented at airships. Keep on going :)

-running on a steam powered imagination-

My definition of steampunk: Victorian era styling with modern day technology with a hint of logical defiance

5. I like the steampunk builds :)

6. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Funny you should say that, on FTB we use netherbrick ...

7. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

cool video

8. EnormousWilly

EnormousWilly New Member

i'd join you if you start building something like that legend

9. Hey I has a good idea. We should make an sp (SteamPunk) server, where we are only allowed to build SteamPunk stuff. And if we don't build SteamPunk stuff, our build gets deleted. It is a good idea, believe you me

10. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Pick an area and I'm there Legend, you know it :p

11. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I thought I heard that soundtrack from somewhere....disney land

12. CanOpenerTrooper

well at least someone is not doing the generic stuff!

13. Legend9468

I'm fine with the criticism Can. But the point of this thread was never about my builds, I just wanted to share the vid with you peoples. The building materials chosen, are both because I think that they look good, and that they're close to real life building materails that I've seen for those type of houses.

There is no way we would get a dedicated SteamPunk server Train.

At some point in the week or so, I may start planning out a build inspired by this in the Creative World. Properly researched and thought out as well, unlike my other builds which are made up as I go along.

14. CanOpenerTrooper

ok, sorry if I went off topic :/

15. Legend9468

No problem. No harm done, and (constructive) criticism is always welcome.

16. CanOpenerTrooper

indeed it is

17. crazyboy162

crazyboy162 Active Member VIP

I saw this video a while back. I really thought it was good. I am actually doing a mixed style airship ATM. But I haven't been able to get on much recently.

18. "There is no way we would get a dedicated SteamPunk server Train."-Legend

Of course we can get a great SP server! there is always a way! Well, at least I think there is a way...

Just for jokes here is a pic of a flying bow!
    2013-03-03_12.44.02.png (just click on the pic)

19. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Okay. I want you to do this. Read the forums, read everything you want to read, and then think about it, and then write about it, and then think about what you just wrote, and proof read it, and then e-mail it to your English teacher for approval, and then post it.