vote to update FTB here

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by sioutdoors, Mar 3, 2013.

?

should we update

Poll closed Mar 10, 2013.
  1. yes

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. yes with changes

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

since everything is "laggy" and mods are outdated lets here what you have to say and vote to update or not. If you vote yes with changes list what changes you would like to see.

2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Add MystCraft back, otherwise we'll slowely lose the landscape.
    Don't update GregTech.

3. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

4. EnormousWilly

EnormousWilly New Member

What legend said basically, Admins are thinking about adding extra mods in, but I cannot confirm this yet.

5. Legend9468

That sounded like a press release.

EnormousWilly likes this.
  6. sioutdoors

if we are worried about the land scape we should use fillers because mystcraft can really lag the server

7. A360P

Fillers get nerfed i believe, Etho stopped using them.

8. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Update! I wants the new ThaumCraft things!

9. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I would like to see mystcraft and either the previous version of gregtech or, if possible, the new version of gregtech with the configs set to be as easy as possible.

10. Legend9468

I would prefer to see GregTech as it is right now. An older version would be less compatible with the newer mods and the newer updates to it just make it more of a pain to play with.

There always is the option of removing it entirely, but in my opinion that would make things too easy; and remove a whole bunch of cool stuff that we already have. On second thoughts, just ignore this paragraph.

11. crazyboy162

crazyboy162 Active Member VIP

We were talking about this on FTB and everyone agreed. What Legend said.

12. Tar Guevara

Tar Guevara Member Creative Architect

I agree with whatever everyone says since I'm still clueless with all these mods. I do love GregTech and my son has been enjoying Thaumcraft a lot lately. One thing I wanna see is a free stack of iridium in my chest! LOL!

13. Innowen

Innowen Member VIP

I'm cool with updating with the changes (modified gregtech). Just make sure you give me a "for dummies" how to if/when updating. I am derptastic.

14. Legend9468

If we do modify it, then t'll end up being a custom modpack. Then all you have to do is find the button, type in"Shadecrest" or whatever it's called and Hey Presto! you got yourself a custom modpack download.

15. A360P

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....tempting ;P

16. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I would love that and then my hubby's personal ftb wouldn't be so different from our current one. I wouldn't have to set up two seperate sets of files for FTB. It's very tricky going back and forth.

17. sioutdoors

doo eeet lol I cant wait for the new alveary updates with the frame housing and mutator slots

18. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

nthed. And I still want Mystcraft back. The world is getting full of quarry holes.

Most of us have something from Gregtech set up, and just completely axing it would be way too much trouble. You can't shove that genie back in the bottle. Probably the biggest objection is the grievous anti-fun nerfs and additional bottlenecks Gregorius has put into the most recent versions, not all of which you can undo through config files—like eliminating a certain process to make a certain material all of the high-end items require. Wouldn't be fair to newcomers to take it away after people who've been on FTB a while made tons of it >.> The current version is a reasonable medium.

If I'm not mistaken, the lag Mystcraft caused on the previous map was from the hundreds of ages that got generated by people fishing for random notebook symbols, which serves no purpose anymore since the mechanics were changed. At most, we'd need a handful of personal ages for various groups or teams that want one, and a couple of public flat-terrain mining ages to be freely ripped up that nobody really needs to care about.

Legend9468 likes this.
  19. EnormousWilly

EnormousWilly New Member

20. sioutdoors

notable features include GregTech in "hard mode". To date, the MindCrack pack is the only pack to include this configuration by default. GregTech's "hard mode" may be disabled through the config files