Fix Voting System Please

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by QuietSea, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Numbers may drop because 1.5

2. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Well, looks like people haven't really kept proper discussion on this. Current stats for this month in the 2nd post. I think we turn this thread into ways of improving vote volume, without having to remove sites (except minecraft-mp).

I'll start. What about instead of rewarding the top 5 voters each month, reward to a certain amount people who vote over each threshold. Eg.
    Vote 50 times and get a bonus 500r; 75 and get 1000r; 100 and get 1500r; 150 and get 3000r; 200 and get 5000r; 250 to get 7500r and 300 and get 10000r.
    If this were implemented rewards would probably scale less considering voting for creative counts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At the moment, for those voting just for the rupies and to win the bonus, so if it looks like there's no chance winning then there's no chance playing.

Would this encourage you to vote more?

Ralk75, sharqman and waterpower1 like this.
  3. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

This would without a doubt get people to vote, I don't vote because I am lazy and currently have no need for money, this would make me vote every day like I used to, however the money reward suggested does seem a bit high but that can always be fleshed out.
    Perhaps a system where the rewards scale up and are reset every month? With 8 sites reaching the max prize that you suggested could be reached in 38 days constant voting. So perhaps a max prize reset every month at around 200 votes or around that number, that's 25 days of constant voting.
    Maybe even still have prizes for the top 5 voters at the same times so that it encourages you to keep voting after the 200 votes or so.

4. majestic_moose

I voted on every site just before (including creative) and 13 was added to my tally. Although, I did assume that voting on creative still gives money to survival, which I'm not 100% sure about. Anyway, going with 13 votes a day (assuming some sites don't work etc), it'd take 23 days of voting to get 300 votes. Also, there are 9 survival sites, so one could reach the 250 vote threshold just with survival.

If we were to do it, I'd take a much more detailed look at the vote numbers and rewards, and we can adjust as more people start voting (at the moment I'd say 15-20 people would reach 50 votes by the end of this month). Most likely the middle range ranks (100-150 votes) would be lowered, and the higher ranks (250-300) raised, depending on how many achieve this.

It'd also be a pain for imaxorz to pay the rewards, but I'd hapily do it anyway

5. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

we could easily spawn in gold/diamonds and sell it to give out the rewards. Don't forget survival games has voting sites now

QuietSea likes this.
  6. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I think its more the effort of voting on all of them, I think just list 3-4 main ones, and have the other there, if people want to earn more for a bonus like in mooses post?

sharqman likes this.
  7. QuietSea

Do we really need all these sites? Shade Crest prospered with only 3 voting sites just fine :|

Pieman_Is_God likes this.
  8. sharqman

I like the idea of 3-4 main ones that award 100r-200r and then the rest of the sites are on the side. The rest do still add to the vote count, but do not give money unless their is no way to do that. In which case we can still have the money awarded, but still have it on the side because the long list of sites might look intimidating for some players.

QuietSea likes this.
  9. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

There are so many sites I sometimes forget which ones I voted on already that day.

10. QuietSea

Most of the time people are intimidated by the amount of sites they have to go on and vote for. And we can't hope for our most dedicated players to hold all of our votes. We need to make it easier for others to vote as well.

sharqman likes this.
  11. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

So voting on creative adds to the total? Then it adds to your rupiees indirectly?

12. QuietSea

I wouldn't really say indirectly... It's just boosting your chances of getting the prize at the end of the month

13. majestic_moose

So what do people think of scaling rewards based on vote quantity? I think the fact that we're getting players from these with hardly any votes is good, imagine if they had equal votes to mine status

14. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

I like this idea because if I miss three or four days of voting I won't feel left behind and stop trying.

15. sharqman

The logic behind the current system is that we don't have the player base voting enough to be successful on only 5 sites. Bottom line is that the current system would work better than less sites if everyone voted because they want the server to thrive, if you don't vote you're basically saying you don't care about the server.

16. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Key word;
    The average player just wants to play and be rich, im not saying that goes for all, as lots of us do our best to help, but its just fact,
    People only vote for reward, no one wants to waste time doing one vote for a mere 50r, and no one wants to waste time doing it on 9 other sites, we should just have 3 sites, no extra schemes, just 3 sites with a nice reward

17. QuietSea

Yes please. Just like the original post i said a month ago -.-

Legend9468 likes this.
  18. sharqman

But will the 3 sites get us as much coverage as the current 9 even with the changes in amount of voting? People will always be to lazy to vote, even back when we had 3 sites and a good reward. It's basically the same people that are too lazy to vote, and the same people that still vote. There might be a handful of people that take up voting, but will that be enough compared to coverage on the current system?
    We get new players, we just need to find ways to keep them.

majestic_moose likes this.
  19. majestic_moose

This.

Anyway, voting sites isn't where we get a lot of our players. About 1/4 from the main 3, 1/4 from the next 6 and other internet resources, and 1/2 from player referrals

20. QuietSea

What about creative? It got popular from voting sites. At peak hours it would get up to 70 players. We could waste a month or even two more months waiting to see that nothing has changed with the current system. What is so wrong with cutting back on voting sites and giving more rewards with just the top 3? What could possibly get worse than the state the server is already in? We're already so dependent on our 1 year+ players to vote for our server

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.