Fix Voting System Please

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by QuietSea, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Keep 3-5 main sites, while still having the other 6 available with votifier removed, so a few people can occasionally vote there. mcserverlist will do better if the reward for voting on it is good, because I'd say at the moment having to make an account turns people off (even though you don't have to do captchas). Better reward will mean more people will sign up, and then voting is very quick on that site.

A problem could be is that the rupie incentive isn't that appealing, because there isn't much to spend rupies on, apart from items you can obtain in game. More ways to spend rupies -> more need for rupies -> more people voting.

Edit: Also, we forgot that a lot of the underperforming sites advertise extra hard mode. What would be useful is page hits/google analytics
    [​IMG]

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I agree, but like I said before, it will be mostly the 1 year vets voting on 3 sites, with just a handful of other players.
    What we should do is change the layout so that PMC is the first site, most new players just vote on the first site when they join.

3. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

I say we do a complete overhaul of the town system and make a new and more appealing system with special things only purchasable after reaching either a population target or land mass target, or both. Buying things like a town warp and other special things not sure exactly what else we could do for that.

4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Might not be the right place for this. But for new players, last I heard they had to do an application? Well anyways, why not have it that new players that submit an application also have the option of voting on the top 3 sites for a small reward, something to help them get started, like two pieces of iron armour or something like that?
    I'm not sure how many apps you get but if new people come in at a reasonable rate, then theoretically it would be a constant, if small, source of votes.

5. sharqman

they start with enough iron for that, and they get 150r from voting on the first 3 sites, which can get you ~13 iron ingots from the oreshop

6. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I will be voting soon! :) Just had to get off of Lent. Hoping to vote every day.

7. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I stopped voting because it took too long, 11 websites is very intimidating and for such a small amount of rupies seems very time inefficient. 3 websites worth more each would encourage voting, and if we get more votes on the 3 main sites, our rank on those sites will go up, making us more accessible.

8. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

So many people are saying and agreeing with this now -.- can we please just go with what i suggested

Pieman_Is_God likes this.
  9. sharqman

If you can get lets say 10 people that will pick up daily voting then the 3 site system may work, but why not just stop being lazy and vote now?

10. PieSquared761

Well, before 3 sites would give you the same amount (or more I forgot) of rupies that you get now, for less than 1/3rd of the work.

11. sharqman

it's not about the reward, it's about helping the server. And 3 sites would get you 300r, you get 450r now

12. PieSquared761

I understand that, but if we got more voters on just the main sites, we would get more incoming players. The higher reward for lower effort would just encourage more people to vote.

13. sharqman

If you want the reward vote, if not then don't. Stop being lazy

14. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

But sharq, alot of people do want the server to do well, its just the common attitude nowadays, a lot of people are lazy and will continue to be, and we have to cater to those needs if we want to get their votes...

QuietSea and PieSquared761 like this.
  15. sharqman

Or they can stop being lazy? It takes less than 5 minutes to vote, it's not that bad, just stop being lazy. Is dumbing down systems for lazy people really a logical idea? We shouldn't try and breed laziness in the community. Just encourage people to vote more.

16. QuietSea

Because this thread has been going on for at least a month and everyone keeps saying/suggesting what I said in the original post, I'm just going to lock it. This is pointless. 3 sites are too over powered, everyone you can go home now. This is turning into the obama-romney debates, everyone just keeps repeating crap.

17. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

The whole point you repeat crap is too re-inforce it :p
    There's nothing wrong with a healthy debate, although this does appear to be going nowhere.

18. QuietSea

Please don't comment anymore in the locked thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.