EnormousWilly

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by EnormousWilly, Mar 12, 2013.

?

Should I be promoted to Architect?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnormousWilly

EnormousWilly New Member

Disclaimer: This thread is for admins and architects to post only. Please nobody else post here. All /warps are works of my own.

IGN: EnormousWilly

Why I want to become Architect:
    1) Respect. Even though this is just a game, to me, respect is really a great aspect that I would like to obtain. This also means that great responsibilities will come with it, and I am aware that I will be an ambassador of the Creative server if not ShadeCrest.

2) To help others, including guests, builders and fellow Arch's. There is always a constant flow of modreqs as I have observed through my flatmate A360P. And I always get myself involve with them and help fellow builders to improve their builds. Becoming an Arch will definitely make myself a role model to the server, builders will be more willing to ask help from me.

3) To further improve my creative side. I have seen a lot of this server's Arch's builds and I have always admired how great their builds are. And thus I want to further improve myself by motivation through ranking up.

4) I'm aware of the perks I will obtain along side with the rank. Although I'm more into the rank itself, being able to use VS and WE would be a nice privilege. A lot of the bigger build designs would require merging the landscape with the actual build to look natural. I'm sure all of you would not be happy to clear out a big area block by block to build something :p

5) I have been helping with lots of different builds for this server, including Survival Games' Spawn and Survival Spawn, so I have a bit of experience with great builds and what other Arch's styles are, so it would be lovely to get involved with these activities.

All in all, despite my in game name which I do actually regret... I am a mature person, 21 years old, and just a helpful person in general. Hope you'd accept me as one of your big team!

p.s. Currently an admin on FTB so I'm aware of all the rules if that helps with my application :)

Thanks for reading!

How long I have been on the server(/seen): Since 13th Dec 2012

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below:
    /warp junarch - my latest work and major build for this application. on top of the trees, those are four chinese characters saying 'ShadeCrest'
    /warp eno - my builder II application, looking back at it, I'm glad that I've improved :p

2. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

ok so I had a chance to review it and while it is detailed and a decent size its just lacking. Maybe too much glass or something. Or maybe its just not my style. I don't really have a clear "what to fix". Anyway as it is its a no. sorry

EnormousWilly likes this.
  3. EnormousWilly

EnormousWilly New Member

I'll try to add more to it, patterning the glass bit a bit more I guess.

But thanks for the comment! :D

4. EnormousWilly

EnormousWilly New Member

And thanks Quiet :p I'll further improve it, don't want any of the Arch to be unhappy about it before I become an Arch myself

5. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It's a not yet from me; although I reckon you are close. Warp eno is a good example of what we want for Builder II, it's just not quite up to Arch level. You have the right idea with your second build, but I couldn't get over the fact that it's a giant rectangular box; the idea just needs to be a bit more fleshed out.

6. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

wat? I didn't do anything...

7. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

8. EnormousWilly

EnormousWilly New Member

I've got similar comments from CW that its just a rectangular box, will work on it :p

9. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I think.. you have the skills, but your build is just not done really well.. I feels, too random.
    There's plants, then lava, and stone and netherbrick and wool and wood and music notes and bricks, it's just waay too much! I think you need to stick with one theme and idea, and go with that. Not like 20 mixed into one

10. Tar Guevara

Tar Guevara Member Creative Architect

I really like you personally, Eno. I think that you are very approachable and extremely helpful to other players on all the servers. In my opinion, you are a shining example of what an ideal ambassador for Shade Crest should be like.

Unfortunately, I share the same concerns as Lionfish when it comes to your Junarch build. I do love the butterfly shape form in the rear, but I tend to get lost in the plethora of mixed colors.

I suggest that you rethink your initial theme, use more complimentary colors, soften the squareness of the building itself by introducing arches and spheres, and lessen the variety of blocks.

You can do this, Eno. I know you can! LOL. :)

11. EnormousWilly

EnormousWilly New Member

Haha thanks Tar! I'm still working hard on it, came up with a few new ideas so hopefully I can beautify it soon :p

12. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Well Eno knows what he needs to do if he wants arch. I'll be locking this thread now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.