Inconvenient day for events

Discussion in 'Contests/Events' started by kirederf60, Mar 15, 2013.

1. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

As it is the events are held on the sunday at 4pm central time, while this may be a convenient time for America, Australia and other countries it may not be, as for me currently the events would occur sometime monday morning. While I don't have too much of a problem since I'm not in uni at the moment but there are many who can't make it simply because they have to go to school, while moving it to the saturday would make it possible for most Australians to make it to it as well.
    While it used to be on the saturday central time I don't know why it was moved but I would request re-thinking when the events are held.

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

If we move it to Saturdays it would have to be alter, like around 7 pm, otherwise Nifix wouldn't be able to host the auctions. Also, it's hard to get admins to host on saturdays, personally idk what i'm doing on saturdays until an hour before

3. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

I was wondering why the date was moved but it was a highly convenient time for Australians, I guess we could try and compromise and see what time could fit best for everyone.
    I would but I'm not an admin *hint hint nudge nudge*, oh wait I wouldn't be able to participate :(

4. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

I'm also in the same boat as Kire, but have no problem hosting random events at more international friendly times when there's enough people on

sharqman likes this.
  5. LyndhurstV

LyndhurstV New Member

I've joined the events hosted on Sundays a couple of times in the past, and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Though, I also agree with kirederf60 as it can be difficult for me to attend at times. It would benefit myself, other players from the United Kingdom and other countries noted above that these events were to be held on Saturday instead. Personally, it wouldn't matter which time these events were held on Saturdays, as I haven't got school the following day.

Perhaps like majestic_moose suggested, hosting random events at a more international friendly time would benefit myself, and other players a lot, without interfering with the current events that are being held Sunday evenings.

6. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

Another answer would be to allow mods/anyone to do the events.

Pieman_Is_God likes this.
  7. LyndhurstV

LyndhurstV New Member

I wouldn't mind helping out with any of the events, I'll be here if you need any assistance with anything.

8. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

The only problem with that is that a lot of people are there for the prizes and not anybody is going to be able to produce those items, although some system for the mods may be possible or at least certain chosen people that are trustworthy should be plausible.

9. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

The prizes are only around 50-200r each. With around 8 events, the total amount spent is only 1k. Any active member can supply that. The only things that require more is the glass cage and pvp events. Glass cage is easy, just set it up before hand. For pvp though a lot more editing to the perms would have to be done, including perms to edit the spawn so that won't happen. I am talking about the mods.

There are still some admins that are online at these times, majestic moose for one. We don't need to have 4 or 5 admins on at once.

10. majestic_moose

I can supply items for events, mods can't run then because of world edit I think. Come up with a time and I should be able to do it, just never sure with work, and there'd have to be enough people on

sharqman likes this.
  11. sharqman

You need worldedit perms for the scriptblock signs to work, is late saturday night good for you guys?

waterpower1 likes this.
  12. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Very

QuietSea likes this.
  13. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

Bump for an update on this. Will anything be changed? Every events I only make it for the glass cage since it starts at 7am :x.

14. sharqman

Can't change the time myself, we can only host them if admins are available. Also if we make them later it's really late for people in Europe. Best solution is to move to Saturdays a little later?

15. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

It would make it harder for people in Europe, but I don't play much so it doesn't bother me that much.

16. majestic_moose

No official time, if I'm on and there's around 10 people on I'll do it

Nifix likes this.
  17. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Well the new SG one is held at 5pm EST and we had a quite a few people on for that, so would 5pm EST for sunday events be do-able? It makes it easier for Europeans, Its 9pm GMT