Items despawned instantly?? Not happy chappy (Fuu ground zero)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by salmon_flavour, Mar 19, 2013.

1. So I fell and died right nearby my home. I was working on a project, knew exactly where it happened, and I was back within 20 seconds to re-gather my items.

The thing is;
    -I couldn't find them on the platform i died on.
    -I thought maybe they had fallen farther and run down my water stream.. nope. Perhaps fallen onto the ground somewhere... nope.
    -Perhaps they were around the base of the platform...nope.
    -Perhaps I hag lagged and my items were still in my chest...nope
    -Perhaps I had lagged and my items were in the cave I had been in moments ago...nope
    -Perhaps they had managed to work their way inside my structure...nope

By this time I was getting desperate and called Kireder over to help me find them... He searched with me and we just couldn't find them.

Now usually I would have been peeved but moved on, but the thing is,
    I had (literally) about 500 pistons on me (assorted sticky and regular) and about 210 repeaters. (Literally) all the redstone I have accumulated and a significant amount of resources in the pistons.

I just don't understand what's happened here, and the loss is significant.
    Are there ways of reverting things like this?

2. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

Same thing happened to me! But with my 10 stacks of stone brick. This has to be resolved.

3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

might be a death chest issue, what did the death message say? what world were you both in?

QuietSea likes this.
  4. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

Same as always, 'Your total inventory did not fit the box. The rest of your items were dropped at your death location.' I'm not VIP so I don't think I get death chest.

5. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

What world?
    EDIT: also make a modrew where you died.

6. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Peaceful, and he did.

7. Died in peaceful. Didn't have a chest in my inventory.
    I made a modreq but removed it a little while ago, didn't think it was overly necessary.