Ksapple107's Architect Application

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Ksapple107, Mar 21, 2013.

?

Shall I become an Architect?

1. Why of course!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Well... not yet

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ksapple107

Ksapple107 Active Member Creative Architect

IGN: ksapple107

SEEN: I was first seen on shadecrest in early november, 2012

Why I want to become an Architect: Okay, the reason why I want to become an Architect is because it is my goal. I want to be the best I can possibly be. As you can see, if you compare my first attempt, I have improved greatly. I remember what I built on my plot, and it was terrible now that I think about it. I deleted it for that reason.

I am very active on the forums, I check it every day, sometimes 3-4x in one day. Not a lot for some of you but I think that is enough. I am also very active on the server, although some of you have never heard of me I am usually online when moderators aren't for some reason.

World Edit/Voxel Sniper: I know next to nothing about these tools. But I do know that they can make big things a lot faster, and I am definitely for that!

I will never ever loose my architect rank because I am certain that I will continue to build and build and build on this server. Honestly, this is the first server I tried and probably the last. The only other one I have tried is Survival but.. I'm not into that ;)

Please take my application into consideration, thanks, oh and the warp: Kenton (my first name)

Moose edit
    Tagged players
    TheOnlyGurra creeperkiller132 Ricco87 sioutdoors QuietSea TegAshLar Z_Millla Lionfish12 Pieman_Is_God A360P TheKillorX

2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It's a not yet from me this time.

The outerwalls, while they show a lot of block variation and curve, have next to no depth. The insides still quite barren, while you show a fair amount of potential for statue building, you still need to show a lot more consideration for the rest of the interior.

3. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I'm gonna be brutally honest here but it looks like you bit off more than you could chew. As legend said, a lot of the build lack depth and seem barren. Not yet.

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  4. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I agree its the repetiveness of the main build that makes it a no. The statues are pretty good though

5. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Yeah the structure isn't overly impressive, the roof feels rushed especially. Your statues do show promise. Why not attempt a bigger organic centered build. Doing something different that makes you stand out is a big part of an architect application. Good luck!

6. Ksapple107

Alright, thanks guys, it's funny how I doubt certain things about my build and you guys say the same thing my concience does. Should I do something like what A360P is suggesting? Something like the Yellow women figure in architect world made by peter? I know I can build great statues.. I need to feature them better than I have.

7. A360P

Always do what A360P says xD... nah do what you enjoy doing, don't rush into getting arch and you'll build much better. Also, challenge yourself and you might just surprise yourself at how good you can be.

8. Ksapple107

9. Ksapple107

Challenging myself is how I made those statues ;) .. I had no idea I could build things like that. I have learned so much from shadecrest.

10. A360P

And yet, you can still learn more :D that's why we love this server <3

11. Ksapple107

Is it okay if I post "EDIT: IMPROVEMENT" when I want to apply again so I don't have to make another thread?

12. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Generally people just make another post.

If we stay with this one then the votes form this one also stay. Making a new one makes it easier to keep a running tally of them. Not to mention peopel may dismiss this one due to it's age and/or because it was not a successful one.

13. Ksapple107

Ah.. K makes sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.