Yoyo's arch app

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Yoyojoel, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoyojoel

Yoyojoel New Member Creative Architect

This thread is for admins and architects to post only. Please nobody else post here.

IGN: yoyojoel

Why do i want to become an architect?

The work that i have done prior to joining this server was using the tools awarded for arch. Since joining here, i've learned a lot about building, using patterns, detailing and such due to great critisism from my fellow builders. I now know, that when building by hand and spending lots of time in your builds you get greater results. However, now that i know this, I'm reaching for higher grounds. Im engaged in a lot of projects, for example one with TehRawB, Creeperkiller and TheOnlyGurra right now and i believe that the tools given to archs could really speed up the process of making epic builds now. Also, i love sharing opinions and i would love to help people out with design ideas and such. I don't mind being asked about things and with the Arch tag i know that's what happens. One of my flaws is hitting my "builders wall" halfway through a build. I just realize how much i have left to do and i feel exhausted about it. These are the times when i either build some smaller builds or help out in projects, or use world edit to make things easier.

I've been on this server since Feb 20th -13

My main project which many of you have seen already is Aeroville. /warp aeroville
    Many of you will say that i didnt build all of it, and this is true. However, i did build 90% of it, and the only things i havent built are, the 2nd house in the cliff wall on the right side of the build facing the ocean, and i did get SOME help on the biggest building.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have made a minor project at /warp yoyosbuilds1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and im currently working with TehRawB and the others i mentioned on /warp tehevil

[​IMG]

Moose edit
    Tagged players
    TheOnlyGurra creeperkiller132 Ricco87 sioutdoors QuietSea TegAshLar Z_Millla Lionfish12 Pieman_Is_God A360P TheKillorX

2. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Nice looking stuff will check it out online either tonight or tomorrow

3. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

^ Could you be more specific what you did on the last build, thanks :)

4. Yoyojoel

A360P

this first one i did the exterior, but my friend did the interior.
    the second one i didnt do at all.
    [​IMG]the second one i didnt do at all.

[​IMG]

5. Yoyojoel

on the project with TehRawB, i made the roof's of the towers, team detail on the small towers, structure of all of it. we did all of it together really. also, the newly added ribcage i made. its a team effort.

6. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

This is freaking sweet. Love the detail in the nether build. You've got my vote.

Yoyojoel likes this.
  7. Yoyojoel

Thank you kindly!

8. Yoyojoel

Btw I forgot to add the poll thing, didn't I?

9. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

yes indeed you did forget the poll thing.
    secondly i think your steampunk city is really nice i like that you got a different style of steampunk going on you have also been really busy with our project and done some great work with it soo its a YES from me too.

10. TheOnlyGurra

TheOnlyGurra Active Member Creative Architect

your town is really detailed and the design is unique, i know you've done great stuff on the team build so my vote is YES aswell:)

11. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

going with the crowd nice use of integrating the land with the rets of the build this is how to build on extreme hills. Good Job I vote yes

12. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

I agree with siout that you used the land well, but something about that build doesn't give me that architect feeling. I don't like the way it flows when you actually move through it and I think you went overkill on the details. If the nether themed build was yours alone it would be a yes, but team builds are hard to judge especially since it is a WE heave build. You have potential, that's for sure, just not quite there yet in my eyes. Good luck.

Yoyojoel likes this.
  13. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

really nice detail yoyo. soooooooo.... its a no!
    nah just joking of course its a yes ;)

Yoyojoel likes this.
  14. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I'm a bit torn on this. I think you are showing a lot of great skill, but I'm a bit dissapointed that all your big builds are group projects. It makes it harder to judge your own work. That said, just from being online it seems you've been putting a ton of effort into aeroville as of late. I must also say you work very well with the terrain and that is something I really enjoy seeing. Still on the fence, but if I were to see a bit more of your own work I think I would be convinced.

Yoyojoel likes this.
  15. Yoyojoel

Z_Millla likes this.
  16. TehRawB

TehRawB Active Member Creative Architect

As im a fan og aeroville and considering the work you done on the latest group project/ the ideas you have contributed its a yes from me if my vote counts :p

17. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

I like your style, I think it's really unique and different. The only problem I have with your build is that it looks.. messy. I'm guessing it's supposed to look that way, but I think it could have been made more smoother, I guess, lol. I'm also not a fan of all different small detail blocks you use, it just looks like too much for me and makes my eyes go everywhere with no center to bring it all together and no focus point on it. But this is part of my personal opinion lol

I say yes, but work on this :)

18. Yoyojoel

Z_Millla I now finished a big and difficult part in the Tehevil build. I did it all by myself and no help. the throne and statue sitting on it with the staff is all mine. /warp tehevil (also the ribcage) ;)

[​IMG]

19. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

20. TheKillorX

TheKillorX Active Member Creative Architect

teh your vote counts xD
    youre arch now so why it shouldnt count??? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.