pics of FTB post em here

Discussion in 'Server Media' started by sioutdoors, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

[​IMG]

An interesting little gadget I threw together to deal with lava running out every few hours, so I don't have to babysit my pumping operation 24/7.

Getting blutricity into a world of permanent darkness required some creative thinking. :confused:

kirederf60 likes this.
  2. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

Great work! I must get myself one of these :p

From what I can see I'm guessing you have got charged batteries coming through the item tesseracts and charging the bat boxes and then moved back to your base for charging and a motor moving the platform which is then being moved forward by another motor which has just been moved though I'm not sure what the block connected to them is, computer craft?

And from what I am guessing is you have got some sort of liquid detecter checking whether or not liquid is coming through and starting the process. And of course a portal spawner to get there.

3. Liasha

Yeah, it's a computer. It has a program running to periodically check the signal from the wireless transmitter (which turns on if a pipe from the liquid tesseract on the other end is empty). If it's on, it cycles pulses to the frame motors to move the whole assembly 80 blocks, then waits 5 minutes to see if lava starts up again.

I had to use routers to move batteries in and out of the battery box because Redpower and Buildcraft are not on speaking terms. Besides, the router with an item filter reacts instantly when the battery item runs out, while Redpower machines can't do jack without a lag-inducing timer.

Legend9468 likes this.
  4. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

so your platform actually moves its self ??

5. antasdf

antasdf New Member

FTB looks awsome. beats tekkit for sure:)

6. sioutdoors

7. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Wow that's so neat! Would you mind posting how to set it up :p Liasha

8. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

I upgraded
    [​IMG]

9. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

How fast does your the rig move?

I have been experimenting a bit and I've got a rig that has a timer that activates every 1.5 seconds to move the motors one by one so the rig moves at around 1 blocks every 3 seconds, had to bump it up a bit since I had it at a one second timer and it was causing crashes and I wouldn't want to release that on the server.

10. Liasha

I only have it set to move one block every 2 seconds. I don't have patience problems. Besides, I have three max size Xycraft tanks full of lava as a reserve so I still have some available while the pump platform is relocating itself. It takes about 5 minutes to get back to pumping, which is good enough.

11. sioutdoors

i think its just very cool that it moves itself thats amazing

12. antasdf

antasdf New Member

oh is ftb the server called feed the beast that ive haerd rumors about

13. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

How do I acronym :/

14. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

It's not a matter of a patience problem, it's more a matter of, what should I do to prevent my rig from crashing players or the server. But thanks for the tips.

15. sioutdoors

16. creeperkiller132

creeperkiller132 Active Member Creative Architect

still like my powerarmor better :D

QuietSea likes this.
  17. sioutdoors

want to go head to head?

18. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

kinky

QuietSea, sioutdoors and Z_Millla like this.
  19. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

20. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

This is what is controlling my fuel levels for my fusion reactors.
    [​IMG]