Just a quick question.

Discussion in 'FTB Guides and Tutorials' started by Legend9468, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

For MC:
    Graphics cards aren't a huge issue, but do get a good one if possible.
    You need a good CPU, preferably quad-core or better. Also make sure it stays cool, as this game makes your cpu run quite warm. Heat is obviously no good.
    RAM is good, 4 GB is sufficient, but more is great.
    As Cano mentioned earlier, your HDD does affect performance, make sure to get one with plenty of space, or an SSD if you can afford one with good space.

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  2. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

:confused: I just followed my own directions and found out I'd just been using the integrated graphics all along. Instant 100+ FPS boost.

Legend9468 likes this.
  3. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

SSD are highly underrated (off topic). They are FAR better than hard drives. Yes yes they hold less space that HDDs but I am sure 500+ GB is enough. IF you can get one you should, it will help any computer. If you need 1 terabyte+ I would suggest a fusion drive. Apple put the concept in the new 2013 imacs. It holds massive amounts of space on the HDD and then a smaller 300+ Gigabyte SSD. The programs you use more like Minecraft, word etc will be stored on the SSD making performance 2x better. And believe me it works... I know it is a bit off topic but why not add it in, maybe you have 600+ Aussie $ to spend...... I took my MBP in at a mac customization store in Kiwi land today, I traded in my 250 GB SSD in for a 120 GB SSD and a 312GB HDD. Now I have a small fusion drive... At least I think they are called fusion drives, I can't remember the specific name.

4. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I believe the interface for a hdd working with a smaller ssd is called SATA.

5. CanOpenerTrooper

Probably, I have just created a thread on how to increase FPS.

6. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

For anyone that comes back to this thread, this has been the best solution so far. 64 bit and all that stuff has yielded a slight increase. but changing the processor has made mine jump up by about 50 fps. (The game feels way too smooth now)

7. CanOpenerTrooper

congrats, did you get a new processor?

8. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I'm not sure you understand the instructions above....

My laptop has 2 GPUs, one for the everyday running and an NVidia one for gaming. The instructions weren't on buying a new one, they were for making sure that Java's using the gaming GPU

9. CanOpenerTrooper

oooooooooooooo, now I get it