Architect application.

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Samichoulo, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Do I qualify to be an architect?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samichoulo

Samichoulo New Member

IGN: Samichoulo

Why I want to become Architect: To get access to the benefits in addition to contribute in the promotion tasks and have more group projects.

How long I have been on the server(/seen): for about a month.

Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below: /warp sam1 /warp sam2 /warp sam3

I know these might not be enough to earn architect, this thread is just to see what more do I need for the next rank, sorry for having a floating ship I did not intend to do that but some unfortunate events happened lately some admins might know about it.
    Again this is just for auto evaluation, I will for sure accept the Architect rank if given to me.
    Thank you.

2. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

OK I'll try and get online tonight and check it out. (About 7 hours from now or so)

3. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

What Siout said. I'll certainly get to it today if the server is running

4. Samichoulo

Samichoulo New Member

it is running actually and sure take your time :)

5. TehRawB

TehRawB Active Member Creative Architect

I feel that you most probably have the skills to pay the bills. but i want to see some thing bigger whit more of a theme rather than a single small build. if its 1 big building/organics or a town or such all is welcome.

TLDR Not enough stuff build more :)

6. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Sam when do you play? I am on mostly at night and haven't seen you yet. I'll check out your warps tonight. :)

7. RozzyRanger101

RozzyRanger101 Member Creative Architect

Sam, I think that on /warp sam1 it needs more colours and I think should be bigger. Sam2 is a nice style but I feel it's quite lonely just on it's own as it's quite small. Sam3 is very good, but I just don't think it's magnificent enough :D

8. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I think you have the skills for arch, but I would like to see you focus on a single build and fully develop it. Your current builds are very nice, but feel too isolated. You have three very nice builds, now work on getting one superb build.

9. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

I checked all three builds and am wondering, have you been ranked to Builder II yet? If so I'd love to see that build. The builds you have here as Z said are all very well done but small and one part of the qualification is the size. Great job so far!

I am not sure if you are active on the server or not since I'm on in the evenings. I loved your ship the best. The dragon was very well designed, but was all stone and could have used some variety of material. The house was beautiful but needed some interior work. Looking forward to your future builds. :)

10. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

You could be good, the guys above me cleared the points I would have made. However, just a few tips (take them or leave them):

1. Your dragon is OK, but don't make organics symmetrical. I know it goes against everything you learn as a builder, but trust me on this one. Asymmetry is your best tool in building once you've nailed symmetry. Also, add a few more details and increase the block variety.
    2. Your pagoda style build is quite nice, the layering is great and everything. But the with that number of roofs try changing a couple of the roofs on the build so they stand out more. And reduce the amount of spruce used.
    3. I can't really comment on the ship, I suck at making them myself. The sails seem decent but the body is a bit bland and could use some more detailing.
    Anyways...good luck and stuff...

AnnodynS likes this.
  11. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

everything looks cool but try and work on quantities of detail not just quantity sorry its a no as of now

12. Liasha

Liasha Member Creative Architect

It requires more of more.

There's potential there, but you're going to need a bigger canvas to show it off.

13. Samichoulo

Samichoulo New Member

alright thank you all, i'm mostly on at 5pm to 10pm GMT+2:30

I will work on something big and new once I find some clear space for it.

14. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Unsuccessful, although close; keep at it! Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.