things that make you go hmmmm

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by sioutdoors, Apr 22, 2013.

1. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Speaking of server suggestions, I just thought of one, err two. We all know the world's are confusing and too may. What if we have 1 plot world 1 redstone 1 one large one with 4 or 5 warps to start from. I know that none of us wish to see a lot of hard work gone. What if we ask a group of people to make an online photo gallery of all the better builds. A place where we can show them off to friends and still live on in photo. Then remove the builder,creative,architect worlds. I know there are some very iconic builds that need to be saved some how and wouldn't have a clue how to either. But if the new mega world has 5 spawns we could paste them there. Then admin can be assigned spaws to keep clean. So in theory 3 worlds a guest a member and redstone. Call me crazy I was just thinking out loud.

2. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

The problem is that most everyone will have WIPs active, and we can't copy them all (or can we). I like the idea but I'm not sure how feasible it is. It could also increase the number of griefing occurrences dramatically because everyone would have perms for that one world (aside from guests). Personally I wouldn't mind the architect border being much larger, but thats just me being selfish :)

AnnodynS likes this.
  3. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Problem with having 1 main world is if the map corrupts. I've seen this happen on other servers.

4. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Siout, I see a lot of sense in what you are suggesting.

-love the idea of taking photos and having a gallery however much I'd hate to lose my build. (I used to manage a pretty large online gallery to show off great builds just because it was survival and we didn't have warps for players)

-On the down side, there are a LOT of iconic builds.. maybe 10-15 or more. Might be a lot to do to try to paste even that group.. but still do-able. I know for a fact that there is a way you can copy iconic builds and paste them to a new map. The spawn from my old server was copied and pasted on to the map when it was established. I do not know exactly how it's done. I think it's something Max or his friend would have to do.. though perhaps anyone with op could do it.

- The idea of several spawns with warps, with admins assigned to manage is also fantastic! I've always thought it was the best way to manage the upkeep of a large map. Might help with the chaos that so easily reigns on the builder I map too.. just having the extra oversight.

My only concern, is about letting builder I's build in the main world. They are still so unpredictable. Is there a way you could keep builder I's restricted to one of the warps until you see how they handle the free access to a normal world?

5. TehRawB

TehRawB Active Member Creative Architect

i kinda like it and i dont. sure griefing is easy to fix but after you finish a build you dont visit it daily. hence 1 griefer can have free regin over a few days in a large map doing major dmg. i wouldent be against making it into 3 maps tho and expanding "creative" so the mega builds of the architects can fit aswell. On the otherhand i wouldent mind using architect world if it was bigger eather. The spawn idea could be put in place eather way whit the current maps tho as that would make it less to clean in a certain area.

6. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I think the current system is fine, the worlds are just gonna get messy as we go on, we try to clean things as we see them, but we might well need new builder/creative maps in the near future.

7. sioutdoors

As long as we have a portfolio with some of my work in it I would be ok with map clearing. But the person who don't make it in the album would be pretty upset. Just a random thought lol.

8. TheOnlyGurra

TheOnlyGurra Active Member Creative Architect

i like the idea, tho i would want the builder 1 to be separated from builder 2 and arch. i dont really mind loosing my builds but im sure there are people who do. If this or something similar is going to happen in near future, giving a headsup to players planning on starting a new big project would be a good idea.

9. sioutdoors

I doubt this will happen just thought about it and wanted to discuss the topic. I wouldn't mine it being more of a Towny type. Where admin and arch could have their own city and be mayor. Then other members could join a city. That would be kinda cool.

10. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I really prefer keeping the way it is right now... There are way too many builds in these maps that I like to look back on for nastalgia

NMBr2d2, Gloincloth and Pieman_Is_God like this.