Player health bar

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Jun 15, 2013.

?

Should we show player's health bars?

Poll closed Jun 17, 2013.
  1. No

37.5%
  2. Yes

62.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

read the poll.

2. sharqman

If you change your opinions after actually PvPing, just reply letting us know why.

3. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I like the player health thing so now you don't need to ask after a fight. Oh I so had you at like how many hearts?

4. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

It just takes a huge part of pvp away with your opponent knowing your health.

majestic_moose likes this.
  5. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I love the health bar. It only appears when your within 5 blocks of someone, so it's a pretty short distance

6. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Dreamz on this one. While I haven't actually pvped since the plugin was installed, I think it takes some of the strategy out of pvp. With the plugin, you can't bluff about your health any more, and it is much easier for people to select and pick off weak targets in the event of a group fight. I have won a few fights with very little health left because the other person got low on health too and tried to flee. Admittedly, I'm not a huge pvper (cause i suck at it) and this won't affect me as much, but there's my opinion.

7. sharqman

I agree it takes strategy out of PvP, but it also adds more because you can see your opponent's health now.

QuietSea likes this.
  8. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

And the reverse is a disadvantage, the opponent can see your health.

It removes one area for strategy in PvP, and I agree fully with RandomOne's example. It also can bee switched around to where the opponent thinks you have low health when you have high health. Normally, they'd keep fighting, but with the plugin they'll see you're doing well and retreat

9. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Idgaf. Honestly, whatever is easier and reduces lag is best here.

QuietSea likes this.
  10. sharqman

Looks like most players have voted to keep player health. Invisi pots will make your health not shown.

11. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Also whats up with some health shown as hearts, then others shown as numbers and bars?
    Btw I prefer the heart display :3

QuietSea and Wicked_Walrus like this.
  12. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

sharqman sharqman sharqman

iiDreamzzHD likes this.
  13. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Yeah there's a bug with that, mob's health is sometimes shown in hearts, which I like better too, but you can see it from any amount of blocks away... It gets really annoying walking around town and seeing nameplates underground everywhere haha.

14. sharqman

I will update the plugin and look at the config.