Dominance of PvP

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by PieSquared761, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

It appears that many events that happen on the server are dominated by people that have good PvP gear. This could be an issue because some people don't like PvP, aren't geared up, and get wrecked by these players. It seems newer players and people who don't PvP are at a massive disadvantage in many aspects of the server. For example, the dragon fight, where almost no one actually geared up, except Pad and Dreamzz. Dreamzz and Pad killed everyone with their gear, then got the egg. I don't know if this is intended, and I have no suggestions, just bringing this "issue" up.

2. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

The dragon fight was meant to be based around PvP and player readiness, hence the end having PvP enabled. You can hardly say most of the events are this way. In fact, the only other events where this is the case are the PvP events themselves. And even in these, gear isn't an object.

3. PieSquared761

PvP in general is dominated by a few players. I've tried to PvP, but I just can't. Even with my resources, I just lose. I can't imagine how hard it would be for a new player with less than me.

4. ndvenckus1

No one is forcing you to PvP, or participate in the PvP-based events... That's why we have a peaceful world, and that's why the majority of our events aren't based around it. For a player who doesn't enjoy PvP and/or doesn't have the resources to partake in it, the server offers all sorts of other options. If you want to participate in PvP and not lose, practice. If not, just don't do it.

5. PieSquared761

If someone wants to PvP, more often thn not, they can't.

6. ndvenckus1

Why? I probably fight with a stone sword/iron armor at PvP spawn more than I do in prot IV. And every player can afford that if they want to PvP.

7. PieSquared761

Not the same rewarding feeling as you would get from getting a prize or good armor

8. ndvenckus1

If you want to kill someone with good gear, get good gear yourself... These people who you claim are dominating PvP had to put in just as much work to get their gear as you would yours, and had to put in hours of time to get as good as they are at PvP. What are you asking we do? Line people up to be killed by you? I don't understand what you expect/want to see changed.

sharqman likes this.
  9. PieSquared761

I don't expect anything to change, nor do I want kills. I just want there to be a fair chance to win for everyone who wants to play.

10. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Just shut up about pvp. I'm sick and tired of hearing about all this butt hurt. If you're good you're good. If you're bad you're bad. Don't freaking go to a pvp event if you're not well suited to protect yourself. I may not be the best at pvp either, but I'm not going to moan and complain if I lose my stuff or I suck at something.

Basically this:

Dman2416, Magetime and iiDreamzzHD like this.
  11. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Me and pad only had prot one diamond and like sharp 2 swords. If you go to a pvp event wear gear and actually pvp there. Don't complain that you died because you didn't even try.

And just saying I killed yall so many times cause you kept jumping in and hitting the egg, it wasn't just to be an ass.

12. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

People don't realize how easy it is to get prot IV books, all you need is a medium sized cow farm and 2 hours

13. PieSquared761

All I'm saying is:

PvPers have an advantage in some events, because they PvP.

No other group has an advantage like this. (Miners, builders, etc.)

The rest of the events are fair. If they have an advantage at some events, and other groups have no advantage, then maybe there should be some events where non-PvPers have an advantage, just to balance it out.

If you're going to say something rude, just don't post; if you have something else to say, go ahead.

14. PieSquared761

2 hours is quite a long time....

15. QuietSea

[​IMG]

Dman2416 likes this.
  16. PieSquared761

You sound like the LoL community you hate so much. You must have been turned...

sharqman likes this.
  17. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

PvPers only have the advantage because events are based around pvp. If you had a competition to see how fast you could accumulate x ore, or a building competition; the others would certainly have an advantage.

18. PieSquared761

Exactly, if every other group had an advantage in other events, it would be fair.

19. QuietSea

Not sure what you're talking about but LoL community has tons of butt hurt

20. PieSquared761

Calling people butthurt when they're not. The difference between you and the LoL community is that they do it because they're stupid/trolling, and you... I don't know what you're doing...

thechooosen1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.